Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Defense vs TEC super-weapons as Vasari?

By on April 20, 2014 1:30:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nano_Python

Join Date 07/2013

Hello, I'm playing multiplayer with a friend and we have run into an annoying problem. The TEC AI keep spamming their super-weapons at every planet, and killing everyone on them. Do the Vasari have any defense that can be built for this?

Also, I know mods exist to turn off or disable super-weapons, but do they work for multiplayer?

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 20, 2014 2:14:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hello, I'm playing multiplayer with a friend and we have run into an annoying problem. The TEC AI keep spamming their super-weapons at every planet, and killing everyone on them. Do the Vasari have any defense that can be built for this?

Every faction has the ability to research and build a starbase upgrade that prevents losing the planet from bombardment while the Starbase is alive, and this includes from Novalith cannon strikes. Thus the best defense is to build these on your most valuable worlds, though you will still lose some population with each it.

Also if this is Rebellion, technically the AI cannot build superweapons on every planet. There is a limit of 1 superweapon per 4 planets, or possible 1 per 2 planet if it is a TEC Loyalist player with Novalith deregulation researched.

Also, I know mods exist to turn off or disable super-weapons, but do they work for multiplayer?

If everyone is running the same mod, you can play multiplayer together.

April 20, 2014 2:26:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the information, that was very helpful!

April 20, 2014 2:30:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is why i like to play advent against a nova-spamming TEC player. They have an ability called synergy where if you build enough turrets (i think its 18), they encase the planet in a giant collective mind force field that makes it immune from planetary bombardment. All the pro players online do this, and it works extremely well.

April 20, 2014 2:51:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting RagnorakEviscerator,
(i think its 18),

It's actually 16

May 2, 2014 8:27:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I would also like to add that the planetary defense shield can be very useful in defeding against novas.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: