Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

New player help

Galaxy Forge help nad general info

By on May 19, 2014 8:49:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

zortan

Join Date 05/2014

Good day all

I am new to sins , and from the start aka a few days ago , I have been enjoying playing against the AI testing out a few things and such , for one I have no idea what race I would enjoy playing and so on , so I set out to build myself a map using galaxy forge that will allow me to experiment with the different races .

I built the huge galaxy with 3 stars and about 53 planets and a few pirate bases as well , with all the planets set to random planetsnonterra or something like that and only my starting planet set to terra , now this works great the map loads and I can play it , though it was a bit easy to I thought I should add some extra NPC ships to all the other planets , and that's where things went belly up .

I changed the planets owner to militia1 then added a group and added a few ships to the group , and did the same for the rest of the planets , now when I load the game the first time the militia do spawn and its nice and hard but when I reload the map again the militia do not spawn and I am not sure why this keeps happening , can any one perhaps help me with that ?

on a other hand since I am pretty new to sins I tough I should ask what race some of you use and for what reason you use that race , just so  cna get a better understanding how that works other then having different ships and such .

Sorry if what I am asking sounds a bit stupid and noobish , well I am new and though I should give it a try before blowing up my PC .

thank you for your time .

Regards

Andrew

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 19, 2014 1:37:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I changed the planets owner to militia1 then added a group and added a few ships to the group , and did the same for the rest of the planets , now when I load the game the first time the militia do spawn and its nice and hard but when I reload the map again the militia do not spawn and I am not sure why this keeps happening , can any one perhaps help me with that ?

Use RandomMilitia instead of militia1. I don't know where you found the advice to use militia1, but it would have worked a long time ago for trinity and earlier maps. What happened is that there are twenty or so militia players that can randomly be assigned to unowned planets on the map. Before Rebellion all twenty of these players were loaded, so you could always use their specific number as well as RandomMilitia to get them to spawn. However, Rebellion decided to save memory space by randomly picking five militias to load each game, and all neutral ships will be assigned to one of these random five instead of the random twenty. If militia1 happens to be one of the randomly selected the map will work, if it is not those ships will not spawn.

Again, the solution is to use "RandomMilitia", which will use any of the loaded militia players, so you can be sure it will always works (indeed its what the game uses for the default forces). You can also use a handful of other players who are permanently loaded, including "Pirate" and "Rebel".

on a other hand since I am pretty new to sins I tough I should ask what race some of you use and for what reason you use that race , just so  cna get a better understanding how that works other then having different ships and such .

Advent Rebels are my favorite, Advent was my favorite before Rebellion and bringing back enemies to fight for you gave them this weird holy necromancer feel I like.   Also while some might argue that its not the very best, the Eradica titan is a beast and any experienced Sins player will know not to challenge its wrath once its level 6, or to be ready to run at a moments notice while doing so.

May 20, 2014 3:39:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hi there GoaFan77 thank you for the reply

My little Bro also plays with the advent he enjoys them loads and that titan kills like a beast , I have try ed advent as well and they are fun , jumping around trying to see wich carrier works in a fun way hehe

on the map side I changed all the militia1 to randommilitia , found the militia thing from googeling how to make maps for sins , thouh its still doing the same not sure if somethings wrong perhaps you can have a look ?

http://www.speedyshare.com/jEEUd/2v2-battle.galaxy

the map works great and fun to play the militia adding is to make it more difficult to play think I might have broken something in it not sure though hehe

so far I have played with Tech and the other alien race as well that work with the nanits , they are fun as well with the star base moving around kinda like a flying fortriss

May 21, 2014 2:53:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting zortan,

hi there GoaFan77 thank you for the reply

My little Bro also plays with the advent he enjoys them loads and that titan kills like a beast , I have try ed advent as well and they are fun , jumping around trying to see wich carrier works in a fun way hehe

on the map side I changed all the militia1 to randommilitia , found the militia thing from googeling how to make maps for sins , thouh its still doing the same not sure if somethings wrong perhaps you can have a look ?

http://www.speedyshare.com/jEEUd/2v2-battle.galaxy

the map works great and fun to play the militia adding is to make it more difficult to play think I might have broken something in it not sure though hehe

so far I have played with Tech and the other alien race as well that work with the nanits , they are fun as well with the star base moving around kinda like a flying fortriss

That download site is wanting me to download a .exe file to get the map, which is not going to happen. Use Pastebin when putting code online, that way we can see what you are doing without needing to download anything.

May 22, 2014 3:45:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi again

Sorry about that here is the pastebin link

http://pastebin.com/XFe62jiU

May 22, 2014 10:24:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think you need to change the owner for the planetItems to be the one that says RandomMilitia, not the planet's owner.

If you're wanting the planet to also be colonized... it's been a while since I've done that, but I think in addition to setting the planet's owner to RandomMilitia, you'll also need to set the planetItems' colonizeChance to something grater than 0 (1 for guarantee).

May 22, 2014 11:06:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, as fury says change all 'owner "Militia1"' lines to 'owner "RandomMilita"'. In theory that should work, but you can also set the owner of the militia ships directly from 'owner "PlanetOwner"' to 'owner "RandomMilita"' as fury suggests. This also allows you to place militia on planets you do not want them to colonize.

May 26, 2014 2:13:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Good morning all

Sorry for my late reply internet problems .

I changed the spawn for NoOwner and such to spawn for random militia and its working now , thank you for your help .

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: