Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

ConvertXSI.exe download link

By on May 19, 2014 3:36:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

StefanMucha

Join Date 10/2010

Hey guys, im looking for a copy of the ConvertXSI.exe and with Myfirst0's site down i cant seem to find one. Could anyone point me in the right direction or upload one of theirs?

Thanks guys =]

Locked Post 11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 19, 2014 4:59:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Depending on your install path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\ConvertXSI

May 19, 2014 5:25:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

For Rebellion, all the official tools are now kept in the install folder.

May 19, 2014 5:28:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Heya, thanks for the reply WOE (edit: and Goa! ). The problem I'm getting with that one is a system error. Forewarning, I'm using Windows 8 if that matters at all.

It says that it cant start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from my computer and that reinstalling the program may fix the problem, but unfortunately it doesn't. I guess its just that file i need. In the ConvertXSI folder i already have "msvcr80.dll" but 71 is missing.

Or perhaps its a w8 issue or maybe im just doing something wrong running it directly from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\ConvertXSI"

=]

May 19, 2014 5:35:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting StefanMucha,

Heya, thanks for the reply WOE. The problem I'm getting with that one is a system error. Forewarning, I'm using Windows 8 if that matters at all.

It says that it cant start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from my computer and that reinstalling the program may fix the problem, but unfortunately it doesn't. I guess its just that file i need. In the ConvertXSI folder i already have "msvcr80.dll" but 71 is missing.

Or perhaps its a w8 issue or maybe im just doing something wrong (running it directly from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\ConvertXSI"

=]

Must be a win8 thing then, because I only need the three .dlls that are in the ConvertXSI folders by default on Windows 7.

May 19, 2014 6:12:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can confirm my ConvertXSI folder has the following dll files:

• msvcr80.dll
  • XSIFtk.dll
  • XSIFtkd.dll

I'm on Windows 7.

May 19, 2014 7:04:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hmm that's a shame, Ive downloaded MSVCR71.dll and placed it in the 3 locations i was told to, but it seems to still be broken (though now i don't get the popup error and instead the dos prompt just closes right after it starts).

Does this work for anyone else on windows 8?

May 19, 2014 7:39:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting StefanMucha,

Hmm that's a shame, Ive downloaded MSVCR71.dll and placed it in the 3 locations i was told to, but it seems to still be broken (though now i don't get the popup error and instead the dos prompt just closes right after it starts).

Does this work for anyone else on windows 8?

ConvertXSI is a command line utility. You have to navigate to it in command prompt and give it the arguments it wants directly, or make a .bat file to do so. So it seems like you fixed the problem as that is what happens when anyone just double clicks on it. 

May 19, 2014 7:58:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

ConvertXSI is a command line utility. You have to navigate to it in command prompt and give it the arguments it wants directly, or make a .bat file to do so. So it seems like you fixed the problem as that is what happens when anyone just double clicks on it. 

Oh thats right, i forgot!
Haha thank you very much Goa. Your brilliant

May 19, 2014 9:49:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Glad you got things working

May 19, 2014 10:51:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Tanks Woe
Just incase anyone else has this issue (missing msvcr71.dll)

1. Download this: http://download.dll-files.com/ca2f560921b7b8be1cf555a5a18d54c3/msvcr71.zip?0XMmSDXMjS

2. Unzip and place contents at these locations (i put it in all the places i saw people mention through various topics online, im not sure which did the trick but you can do a process of elimination if you desire )

- C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (only if your on 64bit)

- C:\Windows\System32

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\ConvertXSI

3. Restart computer

4. Praise the forumites here for the help & super swift response times!!

February 26, 2015 9:18:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I notice this form is from about a year ago, but in case anybody looks.

i'm using windows 8.1 and i get the same error involving msvcr71.dll. I have extracted it to all the destinations you have specified. Tried Compatibility settings. The error even happens when i use cmd

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time: