Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Allegiance decay

By on June 9, 2014 11:29:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

furyofthestars

Join Date 08/2012
+14

Hi,

Was wondering if someone knew the rate at which allegiance decays from a world that is under no culture influence, whether that be friendly or hostile?

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 9, 2014 11:56:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A world without any culture will just sit at its default allegiance, which is determined by its distance from your homeworld. Culture can raise this value, but a lack of culture will not cause it to lower over time. Only the presence of enemy culture will do that.

June 10, 2014 12:09:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

However, if your homeworld moves, it doesn't just suddenly adjust to the new max allegiance.  It decays to it (if it is lower).  I'm wanting to know that rate.

To clarify a bit more what I'm doing/looking for, in experimenting with a buff that applies allegiance to a world, I have discovered two things:

1. Applying it once (or multiple times with stack priority set to favor old buffs) will increase the allegiance, but then it will slowly decay back down to its default value, even if the buff has not technically "finished".
  2. Reapplying the buff (with priority set to new buffs or a finish condition that removes the old one before the new is applied), even if stacking is set to 1, will cause the allegiance value added to stack, causing it to eventually reach the max allegiance cap for that world.

The affect I'm looking for, is to boost the allegiance of a world by a set % and then hold it there.  Not have it quickly run off to the allegiance cap or slowly decay back down.  My best bet, unless someone knows another way, is to setup a buff system that does a once application of the %age I want, then does a periodic reapply at the rate of decay (seems I've noticed that the rate is less than 1% per whatever and the UI merely displays the whole number).

June 10, 2014 2:24:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I want to say it is 0.1 allegiance per second but I've changed it in my own mod a long time ago so I could be off. It's defined in the Gameplay.constants file if you want to look it up exactly. IIRC its the same as the max culture decay rate.

June 10, 2014 6:56:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks, Goa!  Interestingly enough, even though I used Notepad++ to search all my reference files for all instances of "allegiance", it didn't pick up any of the times it was used in gameplay.constants.

allegiancePassiveLossRate -0.000347222

June 14, 2014 8:20:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The following are also interesting:

allegiancePassiveGainRate 0.000347222
allegiancePassiveLossRate -0.000347222
allegianceFriendlyMaxGainRate 0.000694444
allegianceEnemyMaxLossRate -0.000694444
allegianceGainFromCultureMax 0.1

The "passive" (in gameplay.constants speak) meaning not-in-culture changes are basically half of the ones with "active" culture.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000093   Page Render Time: