Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Is this forum a TV drama?

By on July 4, 2014 2:21:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Stilat

Join Date 05/2014
+5

Anyone else read this forum for entertainment purposes? Seriously, this forum is literally like its own HBO show. Not only is there a great cast of characters and an intriguing setting, but it has all the elements that make up a great TV drama. I would even go so far as to claim that it is more entertaining than the game itself, given the horrible shape the servers are in now. It even has its own seasons! Instead of spending money developing Sins of a Dark Age, or even a SOASE 2, Starclad should instead pour money into adapting this forum into the next Sopranos. Think about how much bank they would make!

Locked Post 124 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 4, 2014 3:04:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

HBO shows are entertaining.  In contrast, reading this forum is very boring and whatever petty squabbles people have really aren't that interesting or worth paying much attention to.

July 4, 2014 4:20:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

For the first time in a while you make a troll thread with potential and you forget to cast people. So I will add my suggestions.

The Heroes

ZombiesRus - The brave leader who tragically gets infected with Zombieitis early in the show and struggles with his condition until he can get a cure from the troll lords, only to find on defeating the last one that the cake it was baked into was a lie.

Ryat - The misunderstood sidekick who's always there yet always blamed for everything.

Volt - The awkward technical smart guy the other main characters find hard to relate to, yet saves the day more than anyone.

Ue-Carbon - The drinking buddy who everyone loves to be around yet sometimes bites off more than he can chew.

Dirty Sanchezz - The stern and straight talking voice of the law who none the less has pure intentions.

Myfisto - Our chief engineer, Myfisto doesn't venture out into the field much but keeps the base and kit running at 110% efficiency at all times.

Sinperium - The old timer and comic relief all in one. Tries to trick everyone to get his mod made for him, even in the midst of much more important things!

Seleucia - The antihero troll who was initially rejected by the troll lords, he switches sides every other seasons, finally settles down to become a true hero in the last few seasons, only to go mad with power in the surprise finale when GoaFan grants him his life long wish for Unity Mass to do chaining damage and become the final troll king.

The Troll Lords

Quar - The bizarre but brilliant right hand man of the first troll king, Mecha-Lenin, he nearly succeeds in defeating the heroes in the finale of the first season but is thwarted when he underestimates the power of his own divine relic.

Mecha-LeninThe first troll king who is the main antagonist for the first few seasons, he gets his wish of trolling the entire universe, only to see the creators step in, kill him and undo the damage they caused.

Sinkillr - The Star Scream of the series, despite his many attempts to defeat our protagonists or usurp the reigning troll king, he never manages to either succeed or get himself totally destroyed in the process. Even The Yarlen is unable to get rid of him for good.

WorldStryder - The emo younger brother of Sinperium, his cross dressing and black mackup make it impossible for anyone to know exactly how old he is. Takes his own life when he realizes no one likes him or even remembers him in season 5.

HuyMac - A troll lord who occasionally pleases his Troll King, but usually just spews profanity when things don't go according to plan.

KoK - A most determined villain who constantly tweaks his signature Kol rush technique in the hope it will one day destroy his enemies.

The Gods

Cykur, Auqia, and Doci (possibly sub for a different top tier MP Player) - The holy trinity of the Bible of the Skilled Games, it is said that sacrificing a new player by launching them in an escape pod into a star will earn their favor.

GoaFan77 - The divine grand master of the art of modding, is bound my an agreement with the other deities not to intervene directly the affairs of mortals yet is known to subtly change the rules of the game to help the protagonists. Accidentally creates the second troll king when he grants Seleucia's Coronata's Unity Mass chaining damage in order to defeat Sinkillr.

The Yarlen - The herald of the creators, he guards the entrance to the Ironclad Stardock in the sky and is usually the only creator to interact with mortals.

The Frazier Twins - The twin rulers who were the first creators, they only show up when our heroes finally learn the secret of their existence.

Frogboy - An independent being of great power who joined forces with the creators, he mostly stays busy in his own sacred rainforest domain but occasionally congratulates our protagonists on their best victories.

July 4, 2014 11:35:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Brilliant!!! You are missing Teun though... And Seleuceia should actually be in troll tier... he is the Italy of the series, constantly switching sides...

July 4, 2014 12:17:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
WorldStryder

Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time....

July 4, 2014 2:01:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

For the first time you make a troll thread with potential and you forget to cast people. So I will add my suggestions.

Oh my gosh... 

July 4, 2014 2:11:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 2WorldStryder

Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time....

Literally who?

I know everyone except that guy.

July 4, 2014 2:43:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Rovert10,

Literally who?

I know everyone except that guy.

He was a great troll from long ago. However, I don't think he was ever banned, so be careful what you wish for. He might show up again if the right person reads this thread.

July 4, 2014 2:51:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Also...

Psychoak: character in the first couple seasons that mysteriously vanishes.  Before leaving, he trains Volt in the arcane ways of buff chains

July 4, 2014 2:57:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ahem! cough! cough!........

Its only a drama if we make it that way.

July 4, 2014 3:41:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
Ue-Carbon - The drinking buddy who everyone loves to be around yet sometimes bites off more than he can chew.

Ok, yup. I approve of this cast!

*raises my red solo cup*

July 4, 2014 4:09:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
He might show up again if the right person reads this thread.

Come on.....come on.......I know he's around.......

July 4, 2014 4:12:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
Ryat - The misunderstood sidekick who's always there yet always blamed for everything.
So true. :'(

July 4, 2014 4:12:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Don't forget me. A mysterious power. I deceive, I inveigle, I obfuscate. Well, thats what it should look like

July 4, 2014 5:35:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Here is another character, easily overlooked by Goa:

Sareth01/Carpetbomb:  Lurking behind the scenes and blatantly public in others, this Dark Priest interprets the will of the troll gods for the dissemination to the lesser trolls,  twisting the will of troll kings and publisher gods alike for forum domination.  But his ambitions do not stop there...

July 4, 2014 9:07:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I left?  I have been banned a few times I guess...

July 4, 2014 9:17:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting psychoak,

I left?  I have been banned a few times I guess...
I took a hiatus and haven't seen you around since I got back, my bad.

July 4, 2014 9:20:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We replied to each other in the scripting thread.

July 4, 2014 9:29:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting psychoak,

We replied to each other in the scripting thread.

Then apparently I have a terrible memory

July 4, 2014 10:14:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can't remember for sure, but I think I do too.

July 5, 2014 12:09:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

WORLDSTRYDER

I SUMMON THEE

July 5, 2014 3:19:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Someone needs to do a glossary for all the colorful forums terms (tangerine, hydra, mountain, etc).

July 5, 2014 6:02:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This isn't an HBO show. This show is hosted on Fox.

July 5, 2014 6:12:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Can't be, would have been cancelled three months after release.

July 5, 2014 8:27:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
July 6, 2014 1:31:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I trick no one!  It's puppy eyes and "Pwease?" that I present.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time: