Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Is this forum a TV drama?

By on July 4, 2014 2:21:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Stilat

Join Date 05/2014
+5

Anyone else read this forum for entertainment purposes? Seriously, this forum is literally like its own HBO show. Not only is there a great cast of characters and an intriguing setting, but it has all the elements that make up a great TV drama. I would even go so far as to claim that it is more entertaining than the game itself, given the horrible shape the servers are in now. It even has its own seasons! Instead of spending money developing Sins of a Dark Age, or even a SOASE 2, Starclad should instead pour money into adapting this forum into the next Sopranos. Think about how much bank they would make!

Locked Post 124 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 6, 2014 2:04:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,

I trick no one!  It's puppy eyes and "Pwease?" that I present.

True, I'll update your description and the cast list.

The Heroes

ZombiesRus - The brave leader who tragically gets infected with Zombieitis early in the show and struggles with his condition until he can get a cure from the troll lords, only to find on defeating the last one that the cake it was baked into was a lie.

Ryat - The misunderstood sidekick who's always there for you yet always blamed for everything.

Volt_Cruelerz - The awkward technical smart guy the other main characters find hard to relate to, yet saves the day more than anyone.

Ue-Carbon - The drinking buddy who everyone loves to be around yet sometimes bites off more than he can chew.

Boshimi - The easily excited farm boy from a backwater world called Earth, he has an unusual love of missions involving guns, trucks, agrarian economies or preferably all three!

Dirty Sanchezz - The stern and straight talking voice of the law who none the less has pure intentions.

Myfisto - Our chief engineer, Myfisto doesn't venture out into the field much but keeps the base and kit running at 110% efficiency at all times.

Sinperium - The old timer and comic relief all in one. Tries to get everyone to make his mod for him, even in the midst of much more important things!

Seleucia - The antihero troll who was initially rejected by the troll lords, he switches sides every other season, finally settles down to become a true hero in the last few seasons, only to go mad with power in the surprise finale when GoaFan grants him his life long wish for Unity Mass to do chaining damage, leading to him becoming the final troll king.

The Troll Lords

Quar - The bizarre but brilliant right hand man of the first troll king, Mecha-Lenin, he nearly succeeds in defeating the heroes in the finale of the first season but is thwarted when he underestimates the power of his own divine relic.

Mecha-Lenin - The first troll king who is the main antagonist for the first few seasons, he gets his wish of trolling the entire universe, only to see the creators step in, kill him and undo the damage they caused.

Sinkillr - The Star Scream of the series, despite his many attempts to defeat our protagonists or usurp the reigning troll king, he never manages to either succeed or get himself totally destroyed in the process. Even The Yarlen is unable to get rid of him for good.

WorldStryder - The emo younger brother of Sinperium, his cross dressing and makeup make it impossible for anyone to know exactly how old he is. Takes his own life when he realizes no one likes him or even remembers him in season 5.

HuyMac - A troll lord who occasionally pleases his Troll King, but usually just spews profanity when things don't go according to plan.

KoK - A most determined villain who constantly tweaks his signature Kol rush technique in the hope it will one day destroy his enemies.

Sareth01/Carpetbomb: The dark shaman of the troll lords, he interprets the will of the troll gods for the dissemination to the lesser trolls. Rumored to have a mobile Advent Starbase as his high temple.

HammerX - This troll lord is a master of stealth and deception. Not even the other troll lords know exactly what he is or what his goals are, only that there are lots of badly bruised newbie corpses on his flagship.

Cameos

Psychoak - Volt's graduate school professor believed to have been killed by the troll lords until he shows up one day with a bad case of amnesia and a hidden mind control device in his head.

MajorStress - The critical producer of the show who appears whenever our characters break the fourth wall to say how desperate our screenwriters are!

Teun-A-Roonus - A bounty hunter fond of sniper rifles and more bizarrely yarn, he works for whatever side pays him better yet goes out of his way to hit Sinkillr.

Lavo - A struggling technical writer sometimes found at the local cantina, he can never understand why people never read his instructions before crashing his products.

The Gods

Cykur, Auqia, and Doci (possibly sub for a different top tier MP Player) - The holy trinity of the Bible of the Skilled Games, it is said that sacrificing a new player to them by launching him in an escape pod into a star will earn their favor.

GoaFan77 - The divine grand master of the art of modding, is bound my an agreement with the other deities not to intervene directly in the affairs of mortals yet is known to subtly change the rules of the game to help the protagonists. Accidentally creates the last troll king when he grants Seleucia Unity Mass chaining damage in order to defeat Sinkillr.

The Yarlen - The herald of the creators, he guards the entrance to the Ironclad Stardock in the sky and is usually the only creator to interact with mortals.

The Frazier Twins - The twin rulers who were the first creators, they only show up when our heroes finally learn the secret of their existence.

Frogboy - An independent being of great power who joined forces with the creators, he mostly stays busy in his own sacred rainforest domain but occasionally congratulates our protagonists on their best victories.

July 6, 2014 2:18:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
Sareth01/Carpetbomb: The dark shaman of the troll lords, he interprets the will of the troll gods for the dissemination to the lesser trolls. Rumored to have a mobile Advent Starbase as his high temple

Damn straight!  I don't consider you a god though goa.  Sorry.  

July 6, 2014 2:36:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting sareth01,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 26Sareth01/Carpetbomb: The dark shaman of the troll lords, he interprets the will of the troll gods for the dissemination to the lesser trolls. Rumored to have a mobile Advent Starbase as his high temple

I figured over 500 karma ought to get me something.   Besides, none of you trolls are modders, you have no reason to seek guidance from me.

July 6, 2014 2:41:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This whole plot is full of win.

When is it coming to NetFlixs?!

July 6, 2014 2:46:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Goa you have won the internet with this one.  

backs out of the room slowly...  

July 6, 2014 6:21:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

Quoting sareth01, reply 27

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 26Sareth01/Carpetbomb: The dark shaman of the troll lords, he interprets the will of the troll gods for the dissemination to the lesser trolls. Rumored to have a mobile Advent Starbase as his high temple

I figured over 500 karma ought to get me something.   Besides, none of you trolls are modders, you have no reason to seek guidance from me.

What an arrogant reply, as if karma means anything, if you enjoy being popular good for you.  You have people on the internet to press a button giving you a thumbs up.  It has all the value of...facebook.  I convinced a modder to do something for me, its taken years, and modders are downright stubborn and annoying, but one exceptional modder has made it.  The mod of starbase movement.  It's amazing, the smallest change yet it impacts gameplay positively across the board.  

Enjoy it, here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/sins_mods/185

July 6, 2014 7:36:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

There are others in history that have proclaimed themselves as gods, I personally would never lump myself in with that lot of megalomaniacs.

Names like Emperor Caligula and Kim Jong-il come to mind. 

July 6, 2014 7:47:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting sareth01,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 28

Quoting sareth01, reply 27

What an arrogant reply, as if karma means anything, if you enjoy being popular good for you.  You have people on the internet to press a button giving you a thumbs up.  It has all the value of...facebook.  I convinced a modder to do something for me, its taken years, and modders are downright stubborn and annoying, but one exceptional modder has made it.  The mod of starbase movement.  It's amazing, the smallest change yet it impacts gameplay positively across the board.  

The smile face was there to indicate that was not a serious comment.  Just like this entire thread.

July 6, 2014 8:39:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
The smile face was there to indicate that was not a serious comment.  Just like this entire thread

Its ok Goa, it takes a member of the CPPFZ to truly understand the humor found here.

July 6, 2014 9:11:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
The smile face was there to indicate that was not a serious comment.  Just like this entire thread.

-1000 KARMA

July 6, 2014 9:24:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The answer is. Yes.

July 6, 2014 9:49:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
Besides, none of you trolls are modders

What is this nonsense?

July 6, 2014 9:55:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 28Besides, none of you trolls are modders

What is this nonsense?

But you're not a troll for the entire show, so you don't count. 

July 6, 2014 11:42:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

But you're not a troll for the entire show, so you don't count. 

Excuse me?

Lovely Sel quote from a couple of months back: "No one here needs you to convince them that I'm a troll, we already know this..."

I would say Seleuceia has been the reigning troll king (or queen, according to some whispers) for at least 8 months now. He would have engulfed the entire forum in darkness already if it hadn't been for the timely arrivals of Ragnorak, Bartowski, Stilat, Protoplazsm, Jinglycat, Hydraling, and myself (group known as the Brotherhood without Banners). And I like how Goafan thinks of himself as a god, when he is nothing more than an old-time troll lord. Some even say his lifelong dream was to usurp Mecha's crown...

Also, where is RIDDLEKING's review????!!!!

July 7, 2014 12:09:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You forget, I crowned Mecha.  Mecha then proceeded to post unusually worthless drivel and go crazy, eventually silencing himself.  What happened was both funny and predictable, that is why I made that post making him the troll king in the first place.

Sel is like prince john in Robin Hood, only there because most of the good ones have left.  When sins heats back up it will be go time again, lots of lurkers in these forums, the game just needs some new life.  Hopefully frogboy's promise that an upcoming announcement was going to be made about sins will become a wonderful reality.

You can thank me for that as well, stirring up crap on the forums to try to force SOMETHING to happen...its been ages and naturally we are all about done.

Here is riddleking's review:

Riddleking is the red headed step child of a troll underling.  Every time he aspires for what he considers greatness the rest of us (out of necessity) smack him down to size to prevent potential damage to our minds from his rants and raves.

It's just not fair, poor riddleking...

July 7, 2014 12:31:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't mean to gloat, but I have been one of the most important, if not THE most important member of the forums/game in the past twelve months. The amount of my contributions to the community are just frankly astonishing and SOASE would not be even close to the greatness where it is today if it wasn't for me. The fact that I don't even demand a temple consecrated in my honor speaks volumes about my overwhelming generosity and greatness. 

When they look back at the history books ~30 years from now, they will say the success of this franchise began with stilat...

July 7, 2014 12:37:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Double post >.<

July 7, 2014 12:38:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting sareth01,

Quoting Stilat, reply 41
I don't mean to gloat, but I have been one of the most influential, if not THE most influential member of the forums in the past six months. The level of my contributions to the community are just frankly astonishing and SOASE would not be even close to the greatness where it is today if it wasn't for me.

Hmm that is interesting, as I haven't seen much of a meaningful change to the game in 6 months.

That being said, I can prove that I have influenced decisions in this game, namely with the last DLC.

I posted the DLC idea thread that did so well and then when I posted my idea in the thread, look which direction the developers went with the dlc...

Yep, my direction.  Probably because I've been giving them good ideas for years and the developers respect that I care about saving them time and $$ when I propose them.

One thread, now that's efficiency.

Sareth01/Carpetbomb: The dark shaman of the troll lords, he interprets the will of the troll gods for the dissemination to the lesser trolls. Rumored to have a mobile Advent Starbase as his high temple.

Actually I have a moving advent starbase.  Fury made a mod out of my suggestion, and i've been testing it all day.

Here is the link if you wish to try out that epic thread's fruit:

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/sins_mods/185

I'm going to organize a multiplayer get together and we'll make some replays showing how much gameplay is influenced by the changes.  Surprisingly, nothing is overly powerful, the slow speeds ensure balance quite easily and will require a scout before a jump.  Yet, when it comes time to actually fight, the moving starbases, although slower than the orky, actually make a name for themselves in their own unique ways.  Against titans they can be micro'd to actually pose a long term threat to to them, actually providing a meaningful defense.  Also, TEC loyalists are actually very capable defenders now, their double starbases are also fun to move around.

July 7, 2014 1:04:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stilat,

I don't mean to gloat, but I have been one of the most important, if not THE most important member of the forums/game in the past twelve months. The amount of my contributions to the community are just frankly astonishing and SOASE would not be even close to the greatness where it is today if it wasn't for me. The fact that I don't even demand a temple consecrated in my honor speaks volumes about my overwhelming generosity and greatness. 

When they look back at the history books ~30 years from now, they will say the success of this franchise began with sinkillr...

Yes, you have been very important. As comedy relief.

July 7, 2014 9:41:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stilat,

I don't mean to gloat, but I have been one of the most important, if not THE most important member of the forums/game in the past twelve months.
Prepare to die... Scum!!!

July 7, 2014 9:59:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh my, this thread is full of win!

Quoting GoaFan77,

Quoting sareth01,
Actually I have a moving advent starbase.  Fury made a mod

Yep, that'd be my doing.

Quoting GoaFan77,
The Troll Lords

Sareth01/Carpetbomb

Whoops...

*attempts to leave the room unseen*

July 7, 2014 3:08:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It would seem this discussion has devolved into which fine gentleman of this community has the biggest package....

July 7, 2014 4:33:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

There are others in history that have proclaimed themselves as gods, I personally would never lump myself in with that lot of megalomaniacs.

Names like Emperor Caligula and Kim Jong-il come to mind. 

So... I am going to guess nobody knows my username well enough to see the irony in my reply to Goa 

Mephistopheles (/ˌmɛfɪˈstɒfɪˌlz/German pronunciation: [mefɪˈstɔfɛlɛs]; also Mephistophilus, Mephistophilis, Mephostopheles, Mephisto, Mephastophilis, myfist0 and variants) is a demon featured in German folklore. He originally appeared in literature as the demon in the Faust legend, and he has since appeared in other works as a stock character version of the Devil.

carry on...

July 7, 2014 5:36:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
So... I am going to guess nobody knows my username well enough to see the irony in my reply to Goa
I'm guessing it has something to do with fistfucking, but I could be wrong...

July 7, 2014 6:25:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

GoaFan: the helpful, pleasant Modding King that after witnessing the demise of several troll lords during his reign and due to the adoration of his subjects, decides that he must be a god.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time: