Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Suggestions for SOASE 2

By on July 31, 2014 4:42:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

axxo4

Join Date 05/2014
+2

SOASE 2 Suggestions:

i know that there have been several threads on the forums about suggestions but in this thread we are going to try to illustrate and write about a suggestion we make for soase 2, so that our suggested concept can get through and inspire StarClad

Locked Post 203 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 31, 2014 4:42:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1. ill start with the little things: Avatars  please make more avatars and please let us choose the one we want or have sever options for (rebel) etc.. please make them story related or have some kind of function (ship personality trait or a unique cap. ship with the avatar you choose per fraction)

fan made:

for example C&C generals 1 and zero hour did that with their "generals" this might make an interesting idea if fractions were

further unique depending on "the general you picked"

2. please go further in with a little back story to the avatars or like little animations that not only show ship battles (opening cinematic) but generals in a control room or other related things so you can feel "in the game" 

like this one i made: 

July 31, 2014 4:42:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

3. Red alert 3 vs c$c generals 1 , please do not go with the bubbley/ too colorful feel of modeling like red alert 

but rather like the edgy C&c or original soase (rebellion vas. new cap ship and advent look completely out of place)

please more veriety of ships based on already existing ships

take this one for example

if you are a rebel or loyal make the capital ships look only 70% the same and a little bit for aggressive/ defensive per players choice 

July 31, 2014 4:42:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

4. updated shield and graphics over all 

computer technology will change thus permitting people to get high end gear for cheap

please no, dont make it free to play

6. bigger story line, more sense of urgency 

July 31, 2014 7:46:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Agree wholeheartedly with the direction you'd like the devs to take when creating a possible full blown sequel for this wonderful game.

July 31, 2014 8:01:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As far as mechanics go, we just need more armor types. That's what caused the eternal balance issues... Then we can add more unit types...

Also, if it were to be on nitrous, the UI would need some changes to tactical view or fleets would not be manageable. To explain my idea fully would require a thread unto itself...

August 1, 2014 1:29:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So new month, still waiting for a announcement. 

..retreats to silently wait 

August 1, 2014 10:19:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, brad said August would have an announcement that would make us happy so...

August 1, 2014 11:28:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,

As far as mechanics go, we just need more armor types. That's what caused the eternal balance issues... Then we can add more unit types...

Also, if it were to be on nitrous, the UI would need some changes to tactical view or fleets would not be manageable. To explain my idea fully would require a thread unto itself...

i got a question for you volt, will the new engine be able to handle construction animations? not the "filling up " that we currently have? and will it be able to handle ships falling apart with degrees of damage?

August 1, 2014 11:34:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

suggestion 7. more random events (like a death of a general "ai") one of the enemy main commanders dies and then the system changes avatars and changes randomly the "settings" of the ai suppose from economic to aggressive or research or defensive.

this will add a new layer to game play, maybe give us the option to influence the event

August 1, 2014 11:41:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

suggestion 8.

more audio, more talking with the "different voices" explaining to us the events in the galaxy or warning us about a launch of a nova war head ... currently we get a messege but audio would be very nice 

in general i think more audio is needed over all. look at some of the most best selling movies or the new guardians of the Galaxy - add some humor to the vasari and advent voice responses from the capitol ships and titans, suppose i sent it to a plasma storm- the audio would say something like - why are you doing that? or something... make it serious yet funny because to us (human players we understand things different ) from the vasari... 

August 1, 2014 11:47:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

suggestion 9. (this one will be a hit or a miss)

add more war paint to the designs of the vasari ships- to me it makes 100% sense, the new cap dose not fit in and it too round and bulky and big. it needs to be more of a ship rather then a bug

vasari have a native tribe feel so i think their ships should be more natively, with the new cap i feel like someone modeled a bug then added engines, make it more edgy more sharp

August 1, 2014 11:51:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

suggestion 10.

maybe just maybe you guys can do something like civ V or other civs did when you meet a scout from a different fraction -

i hope you guys get what i mean- make it more personal - character driven more immersive 

August 1, 2014 11:54:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

suggestion 11. SPYing 

EVERY ONE LOVEs syp related game play please add more, to envoy functions or spy missions 

it would be cool to influence a ai to not "build" a temple of communion on a certain planet ... etc make more options and new options available, 

August 1, 2014 11:58:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

suggestion 12. MORE ships and more scale, bigger ships and smaller ships. more realistic scale  of ships both related to planets and related to other ships

August 1, 2014 12:07:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Construction animation? Probably. I don't see a need, but I imagine it could.

Degrees of damage? Doubtful. Maybe simple things like at 30% health some system goes offline. But if you're talking blasting pieces off ships, you either need modular or deformable geometry. Nitrous supports rotating turrets, so you might be able to blast them off.

August 1, 2014 12:20:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,

Agree wholeheartedly with the direction you'd like the devs to take when creating a possible full blown sequel for this wonderful game.

thanks mate!

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,

Degrees of damage? Doubtful. Maybe simple things like at 30% health some system goes offline. But if you're talking blasting pieces off ships, you either need modular or deformable geometry. Nitrous supports rotating turrets, so you might be able to blast them off.

well at least blasting turrets off then  

August 1, 2014 12:26:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

suggestion 12 clarification

besides the need for extra verity of ships in the existing classess, i feel like we need:

a. some thing between a cap. ship and a titan (make titans more expensive and thus rare)

b. some thing a little bit less powerful then a cap. ship but stronger then a heavy cruiser

c. something smaller then a corvett? or perhaps a new class of ships?

d. more Support class Cap. ships and more attack class ships

August 1, 2014 3:17:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

just 4 things
1) one (maybe two) more new race.  for example vasary old shadow enemy

2) remove reb/loy factions, idea add them rly stupid (too small differences)

3) more type of ships, but not so Important 

4) add at last multicore and big memory support 

August 1, 2014 3:35:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Honestly, by this time, the Vasari loyalists will probably be gone. I feel like the advent rebels will have joined the Vasari rebels and might even be funded by the TEC loyalists to fight the shadow of the Vasari. The advent loyalists will probably have become some military and cultural juggernaut while the TEC rebel government will likely be on the verge of collapsing due to lack of funding forcing it to choose between poor economics and severe corruption.

August 1, 2014 4:04:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If starclad veers off the time-tested 3 races with different "factions" as flavor, I guarantee Sins 2 will just become another boring strategy game, instead of one of the best rts of all time. 

August 1, 2014 4:45:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,

Considering Sword of the Stars 1 had that as early as 2006, rotating turrets is really not that remarkable.

I'd love to have a ship builder and ship designer of some sort.

August 1, 2014 4:58:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Multiple solar systems being the normal, each with only a few if any habitable planets. I really didn't like the 80 planets in a single system look.

Have the planets orbit, and have actual ground warfare...have it matter what ground tech you achieve, and have ground armies be something you have to move about and if possible RTS them on the planet or give them a General that will ai it for you. Have ground conflicts take longer but make them necessary over habitable planets...have orbital bombardment cause permanent damage to ecosystems that simply can't be repaired.  Make terraforming much more expensive and longer.

A ship building system would be very very nice.

August 1, 2014 5:01:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SotS had tiny little fleet battles.  When you're only tracking a dozen objects, you can do whatever you want to.  Rotating turrets in Sins, where you track thousands of objects, would have been extremely impressive.

August 1, 2014 5:03:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting psychoak,

SotS had tiny little fleet battles. When you're only tracking a dozen objects, you can do whatever you want to. Rotating turrets in Sins, where you track thousands of objects, would have been extremely impressive.

Modded SOTS could have larger fleet battles, with 10+ dreadnoughts, although I see where you are going with that.

With 64 bit, I think that this is a real possibility.

August 1, 2014 5:06:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ORB had it earlier than that. But that's a lot of overhead at Sins scale.

Also, ground warfare is pointless when you have interstellar warships. "Don't like our policies? Say hello to nuclear fire."

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time: