I have refined and perfected this strategy from over 100 games, and let me tell you, it has succeeded about 95% of the time. Although lesser players have tried to copy it for ages, none have succeeded... until now, as I finally divulge the build order for the flak+kol+ankylon rush. Only a couple of top players have ever beat me while I was using this strat, among them sins gods such as huymac, spockimpossible, and Kbroke.
NOTE: Only applies to 5v5 skilled games
1. Play as TEC Loyalist
2. Build a Kol as your first capital ship, select flak burst
3. Build two military labs
4. Scuttle cap factory when Kol is finished building
5. Colonize nearby planets using Kol+colony frig and cobalt+colony frig+turret
6. Research and flak and repair platform
7. By this time, you will have made contact with the enemy. Engage on YOUR planet only, as repair platform increases flak survivable by by 48.7% (tested and verified by RespawnTitan). Make sure to micro using the special alley sweeper technique. Details on how to do that can be found in the "proof flak is OP" thread.
8. Your kol would have leveled up by now. Alternate between flak burst and forcefield. GRG sucks.
9. 99% of the time, your enemy will spam light frigates. DO NOT build LRM, instead continue to pump out flak. Flak actually counters light frigates if you micro them right. Kill the enemy fleet, but DO NOT chase after them to their fortified planets. Instead, find a good choke and start to fortify there. This is very important. Also, don't try to snipe their capital ship. Flak works better against frigates and cruisers.
10. Drop down two military labs and build a titan and the factory. If you don't have enough money, ask your eco player for more.
11. Here comes the hard part. Since you've sunk so much of your own and your allies' money on the titan, the enemy will have a BIG fleet advantage. Although you can take comfort in the fact that you've killed so much of it before, that is still not enough to overcome the gap. I recommend building a starbase and turtling until your ankylon comes out. Build mines if you have to and scuttle any turrets you've used to expand. 99% of the failures of this strategy comes during this step.
12. Once your titan comes out, immediately select two fighters, disruption matrix and one health upgrade. You don't have enough AM for FD yet.
13. Slowly push your enemy out of the world you are fighting. By now you should have a fairly decent starbase, so go tell your ankylon to level up in the pirates base. Your titan should reach level 3 when that's done. Up DM, FM, health, and weapons, in that order.
14. Check how your allies are doing. If they're doing bad, that means you need to push on your side. Immediately attack your enemy frontline worlds. They wont be able to resist very well, unless they have a titan of their own (which they won't, since if you followed step 9 correctly, they would have spent all their money on rebuilding their fleet).
If they're doing good, you still need to push but you can start diverting funds toward building trade ports and Novas.
15. Build hoshiokos with demo bots, as well as two more kols.
16. By now, the enemy eco player would have started fleeting up to protect their failing frontline player. But guess what? Your army is now practically invulnerable. The only things that can counter the ankylon are corvettes and strikecraft, but thanks to your flak and kol, they get shredded in seconds (flak vs fighters is the hardest counter in the game). They might try building heavy cruisers, but your demo bots will disable their attacks, allowing you to kill them with impunity.
17. You should start building your Novas. Once the enemy team heads the siren blazing that signals a new superweapon is building, 7/10 they will quit right them and there. If not, it doesn't matter, you've almost won anyway by this point. Just sit back and blow up their homeworlds from afar, and watch their income drop massively.
18. Unlike before, CHASE the enemy to their fortified worlds. If they have a SB, DO NOT engage it without your titan, as flak are terrible against structures and your opponent will red button his SB, killing everything in sight. First, send your titan against it and the enemy fleet alone, its nigh-unkillable at this point and disruption matrix can prevent red button from casting. After you do that, take your entire fleet and kill the SB. Make sure to spread your flak around so it does damage to both the SB and enemy fleet.
19. Mop up any remaining enemy planets. Help your allies if they need you.
20. Congratulations, you've won the game!