Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Advent Scout Ships: Too OP?

By on August 12, 2014 8:35:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sinkillr

Join Date 04/2010
+416

I don't know about you guys, but frankly I find the Seeker scout ships for the advent to be ridiculous. They have a special ability called Martyrdom that allows them to suicide in return for 250 splash damage in a wide area. Do I really need to explain how OP that is? A couple of these  can completely decimate a fleet composed of light frigates or LRM (flak is more resistant due to higher health).

It doesn't help that this unit is dirt cheap, coming in at 200 credits with no metal or crystal cost. Not only that, but I have recently discovered that they COUNTER LRM on their OWN!!?! WTF? A cheap scouting ship should not be able to counter something that requires 1-3 military labs and shoots gigantic missiles (or beams for illums). Please fix Stardock, MP games these days are just devolving into who can spam advent scout ships the fastest.

Locked Post 25 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
WOEaintME
August 12, 2014 8:54:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Again? Argh!

August 12, 2014 9:01:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I want to thank Ryat for his numerous contributions to the community. Truly, a better comment has never been posted.

Ryat=a modern day Aristotle. 

(Sarcasm)

August 12, 2014 9:02:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinkillr,

(Sarcasm)

Really? I would have never know......

August 12, 2014 9:51:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is such bullshit that I can only karma Sinkillr every ten minutes...

August 13, 2014 12:10:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I find that Scout ships are very easy to counter once you have around 300 Heavy Cruisers, which are essential to any good team.

with my secret strat, I can get 300 Heavy Cruisers 5 minutes into the game! I'll be revealing how to do that on the next episode of Sins with Sinkillr!

August 13, 2014 12:16:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinkillr,

I want to thank Ryat for his numerous contributions to the community. Truly, a better comment has never been posted.

Ryat=a modern day Aristotle. 

(Sarcasm)

Quoting Seleuceia,

The truth revealed!

Sinkillr is a Seleuceia ALT made purely for karma whoring and attention.

August 13, 2014 9:21:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

the 10 minutes is after you apply karma but is only applied after you load a page after applying karma so...

1. Open all threads sinkillr has ever posted in and his account page

2. Apply karma on all

August 13, 2014 10:30:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Whoa whoa... what karma trickery is going on here?  Goa gave Wintercross two karma points on the same post?

August 13, 2014 10:39:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If only Martyrdom actually worked well let alone worked the way you are trying to describe it.

August 13, 2014 11:00:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Zombie, you're missing the point.

The point is that in terms of early game burst damage, you can turn a profit in terms of credits to damage, that being 200 credits to 250 damage to AT LEAST one enemy, if not more due to the little pewpew thing the scout has too.

so in terms of burst damage, the scout wins against every Advent ship except for the Heavy Cruiser, see here:

Seeker 200 -> 252

Disciple 425 -> 1

Illuminator 380 -> 3

Purge 435 -> 2

Defense 360 -> 6

Missionary 400 -> 1

Iconus 525 -> 1

Domina 400 ->1

Aeria 1280 -> 42

Solanus 1050 -> 4

Destra 525 -> 9001

It's easy to see that until you get Destras, the Seeker is a clear winner in terms of up front pew pew

August 13, 2014 11:07:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting furyofthestars,

Whoa whoa... what karma trickery is going on here?  Goa gave Wintercross two karma points on the same post?

That is Impressive! =O

August 13, 2014 12:16:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting WOEaintME,

the 10 minutes is after you apply karma but is only applied after you load a page after applying karma so...
2. Apply karma on all

I tried that...my browser crashed...I know right?  It's like something is fighting from the inside to prevent me from delivering my karma...

August 13, 2014 8:34:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

Quoting WOEaintME,

2. Apply karma on all

I tried that...my browser crashed...I know right?  It's like something is fighting from the inside to prevent me from delivering my karma...

Well, Sinkillr is only a medium AI. So he probably couldn't handle all that Karma at once as much as he wanted to take it.

August 13, 2014 8:40:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting furyofthestars,

Apparently having large amounts of Karma is a pathway to many forum abilities some would consider to be... unnatural.

Of course my internet connection was a bit iffy when I tried to give that karma, and I did likely hit that button multiple times. Not sure why it accepted that though.

August 14, 2014 3:10:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

How sad that when I try to inform the community of a legitimate balance issue, the usual trolls have to muck it all up.

August 14, 2014 4:56:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinkillr,

How sad that when I try to inform the community of a legitimate balance issue, the usual trolls have to muck it all up.

Don't be upset that we worked out you're a Seleuceia alt

August 14, 2014 9:43:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinkillr,

Because it has been already discussed and solved?

August 14, 2014 9:55:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I get steam messages all the time from people asking me if I'm Sinkillr...eventually I'm just going to start telling them yes...

August 14, 2014 10:36:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

I get steam messages all the time from people asking me if I'm Sinkillr...eventually I'm just going to start telling them yes...

DO IT!!! =D

August 14, 2014 2:58:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

Seems KrdaxDrkrun has figured out the secret of double karma has well.

August 14, 2014 5:14:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I know all karma secrets

August 14, 2014 7:19:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wintercross, stop hanging around with those karma whores man. It just doesn't suit you.

August 14, 2014 9:04:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,

Wintercross, stop hanging around with those karma whores man. It just doesn't suit you.

I have too much swag. They can't resist me

August 14, 2014 9:56:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Isn't Sinkillr responsible for breaking the in-game unlock to forum karma?  If I remember right, it's using all fleet supply for flak and one scout set as fleet rally on auto explore once you had 300 fleet supply - equates to .5 karma per second while the scout is alive.

How he stumbled on that no one will never know.

August 14, 2014 9:58:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Protoplazm,

Isn't Sinkillr responsible for breaking the in-game unlock to forum karma?  If I remember right, it's using all fleet supply for flak and one scout set as fleet rally on auto explore once you had 300 fleet supply - equates to .5 karma per second while the scout is alive.

How he stumbled on that no one will never know.

My wife just confirmed this equation is correct... and she is ASIAN.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000421   Page Render Time: