Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

What is the point of shield mitigation?

By on August 12, 2014 8:45:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sinkillr

Join Date 04/2010
+416

Since a single ship is able to max out the percentage, that undercuts the argument that SM prevents focus firing. "Preventing AOEs from becoming too powerful" argument doesn't work either, since they could just reduce its damage. I feel it only adds needless complexity. Anyone else agree?

Locked Post 15 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 12, 2014 8:53:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And it makes the trolls write up meaningless threads.

August 12, 2014 8:59:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I want to thank Ryat for his numerous contributions to the community. Truly, a better comment has never been posted.

August 12, 2014 9:02:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

*takes a bow*

August 12, 2014 9:07:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Looks like Ryat cannot detect sarcasm. Warning to newcomers- he is our chief troll in this forum.
August 12, 2014 9:13:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sarcasm? What's that?

August 12, 2014 9:50:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Shield mitigation is not in any way meant to prevent focus firing...what it is meant to do is make focus firing weaker on a per DPS basis than AoEs...in other words, Unity Mass needs to do chaining damage...

August 12, 2014 11:17:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

Unity Mass needs to do chaining damage...
It's only too obvious

August 14, 2014 1:19:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Shield mitigation is to shields as armor is to hull. However it's implementation is radically different.

August 14, 2014 2:04:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And welcome Lavo_2, troll number 9998 by Sinkillr's count.

August 14, 2014 4:00:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's a unique game mechanic that takes two years of playing to figure out how it works fully in the game.

August 15, 2014 10:36:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

It's a unique game mechanic that takes two years of playing to figure out how it works fully in the game.

Is that continuous time?

Let's see... 2 years is 730 days... x 24 hours... 17,520 hours.  Anyone have that much game time yet?

August 15, 2014 12:34:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

How many threads does Sinkillr even have up at this point?

I see a new one or two every few days it seems.

August 15, 2014 3:49:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Rovert10,

How many threads does Sinkillr even have up at this point?

I see a new one or two every few days it seems.

He just makes new threads for the karma...

August 15, 2014 4:37:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Zombie is the true Troll King, not Seleuceia.

August 15, 2014 9:14:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I hardly think trolling the karma system counts for an aspirational goal.

Not that I'm one to talk, I got karma for saying c**t punting ass****er.  For those of you that ride the short bus, just discuss it amongst your alter egos and you'll eventually figure it out.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: