Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Two regrettable flaws in AI ? Planet Colonization and isolated Titan

AI planet colonization and AI Titan locked alone on a gaz giant - Cruel mode

By on September 5, 2014 8:41:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

MOO4

Join Date 08/2012

Good day,

I'm playing SOASE Rebellion V. 1.82.5006 without any mod.

I've just finished a Huge galaxy game Vs 8 CPU opponents in CRUEL mode. I'm playing Advent Loyalist.

In the end game I noticed two things that dissapointed me a lot, as I just LOVE Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion.

I've been playing Master of Orion 2 for many years and was starting to think that it was impossible to get a decent - and recent - 4X game. And then I discovered SOASE and got addicted to it. I just love the pace of it, and the challenging AI. Congrats to the team who created it !!

And now I come across two very annoying AI bugs (CRUEL AI) :

- My strongest opponent's Titan has been locked on a gas giant for the last 3 game hours... It's stupid, I've been defeating his main fleet very easily since his Eradica is far away and keeps stupidly hunting my trade ships in this useless gravity well...

This is really a game killer bug you know... I wonder if it's not going to cut my pleasure in future FFA games.

- My ally has a free terran planet he previously owned, which is very close to his capital. For the last 4-5 hours, he hasn't colonized it back. I can't understand this behaviour, since I just supported him against another AI and he took back asteroids and dwarf planets in the outer parts of his realm... but this juicy terran near his capital ??? No way ! He's economically crippled but would ignore a terran planet free of charge ? that's really not serious...

I just wished to give a lil feedback and perhabs share points of vue with other players...

Good game everyone,

MOO4

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 11, 2014 12:45:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Play multiplayer.

September 11, 2014 2:24:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinkillr,

Play multiplayer.

But not everyone wants to play multiplayer. Its like asking a bird to swim for some of us.

September 11, 2014 4:34:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

that's well said ! both of you !

Thanks for your point gentlemen !

Yeah I like to take my time to play ; I like challenging and crushing machines also..not humans.

well...... we'll see if I go multi finally... but I guess you can't save when you play in multiplayer mode.. :/

...and it's a problem since I'm married

September 11, 2014 4:47:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You actually can save multiplayer games.

September 16, 2014 9:14:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting psychoak,

interesting...

September 16, 2014 9:45:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting psychoak,

But loading them is another question.. Gather everyone again for it at the same time is not always easy.

September 18, 2014 5:00:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I understand.. thanks.

That's sort of what I meant by sayin " I guess u can't save when u play multi.."..

I remember the time when we used to play Orion 2 on 4 PC's in LAN ..

4 guys glued to the screen for 10 hours... and some girlfriends getting angry waiting at home.. sorry gals !..

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000579   Page Render Time: