Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Any there any balance issues left?

By on September 21, 2014 3:35:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sinkillr

Join Date 04/2010
+415

I think advent matyrdom needs to be toned down. Thoughts?

Locked Post 51 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 21, 2014 3:40:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

FOAD

September 21, 2014 6:51:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Longtime lurker here. 

As I get more and more experienced with the game, I have more and more questions. In the past I felt comfortable asking those questions in the community. I felt comfortable expressing my opinions in a safe environment. But nowadays I am concerned that this is no longer true. Recently, whenever I see an informative topic that is vital to the community discourse, a handful of trolls derail the entire thread within minutes. I cannot properly express how anti-democratic and disruptive these guys are. For example, in the thread about how pirates are overpowered, the pseudo-intellectual (in reality a troll) Goafan inserted an irrelevant comment that attracted further derision and hatred. I think this type of behavior should not be tolerated. It is harmful to the public, both in its growth and tone. If Stardock does not clamp down upon this hatred soon, we could be looking at a barren wasteland for sins in a couple months.

September 21, 2014 8:07:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ,

As I get more and more experienced with the game, I have more and more questions. In the past I asked those questions in this forum. I felt comfortable expressing my opinions in a safe environment. But nowadays I am concerned that this is no longer true. Recently, whenever I post an informative topic that is vital to the community discourse, a handful of trolls derail the entire thread within minutes. I cannot properly express how anti-democratic and disruptive these guys are. For example, in my thread about how pirates are overpowered, the pseudo-intellectual (in reality a troll) Goafan inserted an irrelevant comment that attracted further derision and hatred. I think this type of behavior should not be tolerated. It is harmful to the public, both in its growth and tone. If Stardock does not clamp down upon this hatred soon, we could be looking at a barren wasteland for sins in a couple months.

Furthermore, I consider that SeleuRyat must be destroyed.

Are you referring to when Goa replied to thread about pirates needing a nerf by asking:

Quoting GoaFan77,

Sinkillr, why did you change your name?

Because that's a valid question. I mean, you could be like Cassius Clay and have converted to Islam but how would we know?

September 21, 2014 8:19:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

RoaringWarren you can't defend a false statement by calling the person who tells you otherwise a troll. Someone might go as far as calling you a troll for posting posts about things that just ain't true.

Goafan and all the trolls swarming the forums have experience in playing the game and you automatically become a target for them to feed on, be sarcastic or laugh on when you say something like "Pirates are Over-Powered."

The only best way to beat a troll is to play multiplayer against human players and be knowledgable about the game. It also helps to sometime admit a mistake or statement because its good practice for learning quickly and making people open up to you. 

The other thing is you must learn to take a punch, fall and get back up again. I know its sometimes the most difficult of thing to understand because you can see the result of not doing so online or in any game when people call various things over powered, an exploit, a cheat, a cheater and professional player called a nerd with no life.

I'm not going to pretend that i read or want to read your post about pirates being over-powered because i know its a waste of time.If i did read it then i probably forgot about it because its just that bad. 

I would also like to educate you that trolls exist to create balance and punish the weak/beat down someone when there down and rob you of your glory. They feed on stupidity, seriousness , other trolls and space ponies. 

E.g of someone who can't take a punch: Some chik whose name starts with KAKA.

This chic hates my rotten guts because i tried to offer some advice to her and she ended up saying i was trolling her. This is a very silly way of using the word troll because wen someone tells you something we all agree on then you should listen. Collective decisions/ideas are always more powerful than a single opinion. This is why i have embraced the following phrase: "Unity Mass should do chaining damage" because its just so awesome to think about. 

Quoting Blair Fraser,

Guys its not a 4x or an RTS. Its an RPG. With spaceships.

Even the CEO of iron-clad took a shot at this following post. Be careful about sounding like a troll yourself warren.

September 21, 2014 10:54:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Titanfall4ever,

Longtime lurker here. Some of your threads might be stupid but the way most of the regulars respond is even stupider.
*Looks at the join date of this "long time lurker."*

September 21, 2014 11:32:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ohoh2 said it best but I have to say something.

September 21, 2014 12:09:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Titanfall4ever,

Longtime lurker here. Some of your threads might be stupid but the way most of the regulars respond is even stupider.

Longtime lurker...who joined today....

COINCIDENCE?

Sinkillr you are so desperate, trying to convince the community that Goa is a troll...now this OhOh dude on the other hand, that is a classy troll in the making...

September 21, 2014 12:35:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Why all no happy with Sinkillr?

September 21, 2014 2:19:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As usual, the trolls ignore the main topic at hand and derail the thread.

September 21, 2014 2:55:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting RoaringWarren,

As usual, the trolls ignore the main topic at hand and derail the thread.

Well, the fact that you keep changing the topic makes it hard for us to stay on topic.

On the matter of balance, I still think that the Sinkillr flak tactics are still UP and need a serious buffing. On the other hand, TEC rebels and their Titan is seriously OP. And if anyone suggests just attacking the sides is a complete troll. A balanced fleet will protect the sides and keep the massive barrel of a gun pointed at the main objective with no worries of those fleas called flak.

September 21, 2014 3:15:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,

Well, the fact that you keep changing the topic makes it hard for us to stay on topic

Yea that's why I quoted the then original post in my previous reply.

September 21, 2014 6:06:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well played WOE, well played...

September 21, 2014 6:30:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I love how WOEaintMeE thinks that it was somehow me who posted that paragraph. That was RoaringWarren, idiot. Check the edits before spewing out your usual garbage.

IMO RoaringWarren is another Seleuceia alternate dedicating to smearing my name.

September 21, 2014 6:50:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinkillr,

I love how WOEaintMeE thinks that it was somehow me who posted that paragraph. That was RoaringWarren, idiot. Check the edits before spewing out your usual garbage.

IMO RoaringWarren is another Seleuceia alternate dedicating to smearing my name.

IMO > you changed your name to from sinkillr to roaring warren thus opening name slot for "sinkillr" again allowing you to create another account to claim legitimacy.

Fucking idiot 

Note: Phoenix_Sun is what sinkillr/roaringwarren/ what his fucking name changed to after this post

NOW ITS HYDRAKILLR

current is:hydrakiller

September 21, 2014 6:54:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Does Sinkillr not know that those changes are tracked? I guess not.

September 21, 2014 6:57:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You have to Buy a new copy to create another account idiot. Try again, moron.

September 21, 2014 7:12:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Are all these accounts controlled by the same person?

September 21, 2014 7:17:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Phoenix_Sun,

You are mistaken the Sins forums for Steam forums again.

September 21, 2014 8:19:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Landgrab,

Are all these accounts controlled by the same person?

Yep the same person who I am beginning to think got touched by "Uncle Leroy" too much.

September 21, 2014 8:46:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Hydrakiller,

Nice Try Sinkillr, see I always tag your accounts with Sinkillr so no matter how many times you change your name I know it is you.

You changed your Sinkillr account to RoaringWarren, now you've changed it to Hydrakiller (bit unoriginal) so you could start a new account called RoaringWarren. An account you opened yesterday.

Then you comment on your owns posts to try to legitimize yourself. Is the Karma getting to you??

Everyone knows it is you and no one takes you seriously dude.

September 21, 2014 9:06:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't even need a note. His posts are so obvious.

September 21, 2014 9:22:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,

I don't even need a note. His posts are so obvious.

Indeed they are, I just use it for my own gratification =P

September 21, 2014 10:08:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I bet not one of us knows how many different people are actually participating in this thread...

This must be what it's like to work for the CIA or NSA...

September 21, 2014 10:15:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

I bet not one of us knows how many different people are actually participating in this thread...

This must be what it's like to work for the CIA or NSA...

Maybe we are in fact all you Seleuceia. And just posting as different people to make it look like these forums are populated?

September 21, 2014 10:19:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Or is it just Blair Fraser trying to keep the Sins forums alive.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time: