Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Looking for partner to play Sins of a Galactic Empire multiplayer

By on September 28, 2014 1:20:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sinkillr

Join Date 04/2010
+415

At present, the multiplayer in vanilla is horribly balanced. That is why I migrated to the Star Wars mod produced by none other than the  Goafan. He is known for his legendary balance work and is considered one of the foremost intellectuals in the MP community. The problem is not very many people play his mod, so I'm having trouble finding a partner to play MP with. Anyone want to experience the greatness that is Goa's mod?

Locked Post 4 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 28, 2014 1:49:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As much as I appreciate the kind words, I'm afraid Sins of a Galactic Empire is not the Star Wars mod I develop. That honor belongs to none other than Lavo. I'm sure he'll be happy for the attention you're giving his project.

September 28, 2014 4:25:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

At present, the multiplayer in vanilla is horribly balanced. That is why I migrated to the Star Wars mod produced by none other than the Goafan. He is known for his legendary balance work and is considered one of the foremost intellectuals in the MP community. The problem is not very many people play his mod, so I'm having trouble finding a partner to play MP with. Anyone want to experience the greatness that is Goa's mod?

Just quoting in case Sinkillr decides to change the post.

September 28, 2014 10:21:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm glad you're enjoying SoGE, Sinkillr. It's primarily balanced towards MP, by taking into account how humans play and act, with some side work having been put aside to make the AI not absolutely garbage.

That being said, have you tried simply making a game on ICO and hope people pop in? That might work. Otherwise, maybe you can go through this page and find some interested people. Alternatively I could schedule an MP event on the Steam page, for time(s) that work for you, and you can be the game host, assuming you don't act rudely towards people.

November 1, 2014 9:38:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ill play some for sure!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time: