Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Converting maps from Trinity to Rebellion need help

By on April 16, 2015 10:41:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

joebenz1989

Join Date 04/2013

Hello,

Is there a map converter somewhere to download? I can't open older maps in the rebellion galaxy forge. I know harpo has one in beta but the link doesn't work

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 16, 2015 9:07:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Harpo's the only one who has made one. He still posts here sometimes, hopefully he has a newer link somewhere.

April 16, 2015 9:07:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

odd, the 'beta' map updater is still in my dropbox, but a while back the dropbox changed the way links work, and I forgot to update the links on older posts.

here is the link to the zip.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8023186/sins%20modding%20utilities/sins%20rebel%20map%20updater%20v3.zip

harpo, the NON-subscriber

ps I still HAUNT the forums, but as sins has not had much in the updating in the last year, I have not had much rason to post other than helping users/modders from my limited (but long term knowledge)

April 17, 2015 9:55:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I tried using it but when i click on the exe it says "run-time error '13' type mismatch"

April 17, 2015 8:21:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

error 13 is a type mismatch error (was written in vb6), it might be something in the targetsinsver.txt (which tells my utilities the sins versions to look for(and I had forgot to alter the lines that read debug (used during testing of the utilities only) to not have debug (note not case sensitive) (you could delete the 'e' in the debug lines and this will force the utilities into non-testing mode)))

it might also be caused by errors in a map that is being accessed or an extended character(non 8 bit ascii) in a folder name.

if you want me to, I can convert the map(s) or you if you want to send me a link to the archive containing the maps.

and If you want to you can cotinue the conversation in the map updater thread

Harpo, the NON-subscriber

April 25, 2015 3:58:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nah that's okay i managed to recreate my map in the rebellion galaxy forge thank you for your assistance

April 26, 2015 3:01:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting joebenz1989,

I tried using it but when i click on the exe it says "run-time error '13' type mismatch"

Erh... i get the same...

Automatic tool would be really appreciated

April 26, 2015 6:12:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

it would help me to help you if you could either pm or post a link to maps that are giving this sort of error

harpo. the NON-subscriber

April 26, 2015 10:21:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hello Harpo

But the error prompts currently after click on exe... before any UI appearing

April 26, 2015 6:44:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

it would help toknow what operating system, antivirus, antimalware programs are on the computer(s) that get this issue, I have just tested the program in my win7 32bit(avast av, malwarebytes, iobit lavasoft adaware antimalware) general use machine and it runs properly. I also have re-compressed my entire working set of the sins utilities(40mb) and am currently uploading to my dropbox. and will add a link when the upload finishes.(this includes the map updater 2.exe that I just tested the operation of)

uploa to dropbox completed link https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lwi74v3es70shp/harpo%20sins%20utilities%20distribution%20set.rar?dl=0

April 28, 2015 3:32:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh Harpo, it worked... all my maps were updated!!!

ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou....

April 28, 2015 7:40:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

now all I have to do is find out which download is the one that was causing the type mismatch and exterminate it

April 29, 2015 1:48:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i think you could just make your tool's page a bit less messy )))

peace

April 29, 2015 6:22:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ok I tried, but it collapsed upon me

harpo the buried NON subscriber

January 2, 2016 5:10:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Dear Harpo, could you be so kind to update your map converting utility?

January 2, 2016 8:04:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

aplos, the current release versions (latest of them) does update to mapversion 4 (current release map version), I do not yet have a working copy of rebel with the beta v5 maps, so will have some difficulty updating the map updater.

harpo, the ghost NON-subscriber

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time: