Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Post Here if you want Sins of a Solar Empire 2

By on September 4, 2015 4:25:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

sareth01

Join Date 08/2008
+42

So we all think that Sins is an amazing game.  We'd like Sins 2.  Post here if you want it.

111 Replies +3 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
calvindavis123
WOEaintME
GulpDragondawn
September 4, 2015 4:36:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You know it.

But will this grassroots movement be providing cake?

backs out of the room slowly... 

September 4, 2015 8:51:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hopefully Ironclad can recover from the death of SOADA. 

September 5, 2015 12:55:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The 2 GB hard-coded crash and the late-game lag of Sins 1 greatly enhance my needs for Sins 2.

Hopefully it will have the same level of modding and map-making capabilities as its predecessor...

September 5, 2015 1:59:53 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Spread the word!

September 5, 2015 2:37:59 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Want!

September 7, 2015 4:40:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Power to the people!

Still no word on the cake.  

Is that because an assortment of donuts is more commonly put out?  

I'm willing to put it to a vote. 

That's democracy.

Why have not more people raised their voices and said, "Please make us a new Sins?"

backs out of the room slowly... 

September 7, 2015 7:14:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

wand sins 2 cake, donuts just ROT

harpo the GhosT NON-subscriber

September 7, 2015 2:25:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I want and will buy a Sins 2.

It just bothers me that Ironclad all but wrote off RTS genre as a dying breed, and went off to make a MOBA.

And only cause it died spectacularly will they come back with Sins 2 with their tail between their legs......

The Beatles expanded their music but didn't make a Jazz album.....stick with what you know...or have a audience ..

September 7, 2015 2:39:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes please.

September 7, 2015 2:50:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ether Ironclad makes Sins 2 to make up for their SoaDA losses, or they give (as in sell) the IP over to Stardock. Where as Sins 2 will be all but guaranteed to be made.

While i am heavily into HW Remastered right now. I sure wouldn't say no to another Sins game.

September 8, 2015 7:27:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well the point of this is to drum up support! haha

Why have not more people raised their voices and said, "Please make us a new Sins?"

They will, but we have to build up the thread before they will notice, this forum is a bit quiet right now, probably more infrequent lurking than anything else...

September 8, 2015 8:36:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'd sure as heck buy Sins 2. Sign me up now!

September 8, 2015 11:50:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes, and they should use the Nitrous engine so we can have actual working turrets and such.

September 9, 2015 11:19:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SINS 2 

September 11, 2015 10:43:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sins 2 !

September 12, 2015 8:21:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SINS 2 !!!     PLS, Devs 

September 14, 2015 11:24:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So who else thinks that ashes of a singularity is the "test game" for the oxide engine, so that when they make sins 2 it'll be perfect?  I hope so!

September 16, 2015 3:57:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting sareth01,

So who else thinks that ashes of a singularity is the "test game" for the oxide engine, so that when they make sins 2 it'll be perfect?  I hope so!

Hmmm... setting fleets up as 'meta units' could be pretty cool

September 16, 2015 8:43:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting sareth01,

Ashes at the outset seems to be ALOT of flash, tons of units onscreen as a SELLING POINT.

Sure big fleet battles are fun, but not at the expense of strategy.

I would rather Sins 2 be focused that every frigate counted and was valued over just another explosion,which seems to be the Ashes gameplay model.

September 16, 2015 8:47:04 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I would love a Sins 2 game. Sins 1 with better 4X features and improving the already awesome RTS component would be the best 4x game since MOO 2.

September 23, 2015 3:38:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'd love to see a Sins 2, but I hope that Ironclad doesn't rush it just to generate some revenue as quickly as possible.

Sins 1 (and its expansions) really was a beautiful blend of everything I wanted in a strategy game. I think a Sins 2 could easily just be refinements and expansions to the original and I would love it. But it better not turn out like Supreme Commander 2 did.

September 24, 2015 2:10:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Make it so!!!

September 24, 2015 7:08:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes, I would love to see a Sins 2. I just don't want to see it so tanky as the current sins. Like in Rebellion a TEC Loyalist with side by side dual starbases, three Dunovs, and five repair platforms  can tank a maxed out fleet. But then 15 antistructure units by themselves can wipe out both of them in seconds. There are some very serious balance issues in this game right now.

And then the scale of the graphics is waaay off. The antistructure missiles are giant, absolutely enormous. I just think more attention to graphical detail and game balance must be made.

September 24, 2015 7:12:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Vasari has zero chance of defeating me if I'm playing TEC loyalist because they have no antistructure units, and bombers don't do even a tenth of the damage.

EDIT: I personally think antistructure units should be removed and bombers should be beefed up. It would help balance a lot. My opinion just in case sins 2 really is being considered.

EDIT: And Please, Please, Please, Dear God Please, use DX12 or Vulkan. It would do so much to help end game lag.

September 25, 2015 12:22:05 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting duby229,

EDIT: And Please, Please, Please, Dear God Please, use DX12 or Vulkan. It would do so much to help end game lag.

Actually, making it 64 bit and be able to use multi core would help tons more. But DX12 would be nice as well.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time: