Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

*****Update*****Infinty:Battlescape Sucessfully Funded!!!!*****

Really, Another Space Game!!!

By on November 1, 2015 1:53:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

G_Bison

Join Date 02/2008
+108

****Update**** On November 20th. 5,828 backers funded $332,621 to see Infinity:Battlescape on their PC. Congratulations to I-Novae Studios on their 10 year journey to share their dream to the gaming verse!!!

Greetings All. With the recent announcement of No Man's Sky June 2016 release date. Finally!!! Space based games have really exploded with the force of a Super Nova. I now bring you Infinty:Battlescape. What makes this game remarkable is that the engine has been in development for over 10 years!!! (And y'all complained on Star Citizen's development pace!!!)

And they are no transition screens when going from space to a planet or moon's surface!!! What these devs has done is wonderfully exciting and warrants to be checked out. Check out their Kickstarter page on the above link and see further images on this new exciting game!!!

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 1, 2015 7:20:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just a few hours ago, they posted another video, mind you. They have been developing their game engine for 10 years!!!

November 2, 2015 12:53:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Cool things ahead for the space genre, I can't wait to play it. 

November 2, 2015 7:57:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@G bison:  Is there any word about modding this game?  I want a firefly class ship to wander around in... I would feel real serenity in that!

November 2, 2015 11:43:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Browncoats forever!  +1 for mod idea...

November 3, 2015 12:06:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Pretty mindblowing 50 minute demo with the developers:

November 4, 2015 10:00:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

@G bison:  Is there any word about modding this game?  I want a firefly class ship to wander around in... I would feel real serenity in that!

Quoting sareth01,

Yes. The devs did say there will be mod support in their game. All their info is on their Kickstarter page in the above link!!!

Also, their just past the halfway mark to their goal with 15 days to go. Their goal is $300,000!!!

November 4, 2015 3:49:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting sareth01,

Shiny!   I feel Shiny!  Thanks

November 4, 2015 7:33:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Here's a multi part segment with the dev's of the game!!!

Part 2 was posted just a few minutes ago!!!

November 4, 2015 8:31:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Once again, Chris Roberts shows he is a true believer in all things spacey!!!

I’m happy to announce that the space game renaissance is upon us! Joining the ranks of Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, No Man’s Sky, EVERSPACE (and others!) is now Infinity Battlescape, a new crowd-funded project from I-Novae Studios. As you know, I like to highlight awesome crowd funded projects that I think the Star Citizen community would be interested in… and Infinity Battlescape seems like the perfect candidate!

Infinity Battlescape intends to offer hundreds of players the chance to take part in a massive furball across a procedurally generated star system with seamless ground-to-space transitions! With Newtonian physics and support for community modding, this one looks like a real winner. Infinity Battlescape’s engine has been in development for quite a while and it’s very exciting that the team has now taken it beyond the tech demo stage into a crowd funding campaign. They’ve kicked off the campaign with a working prototype that looks, in a word, spectacular… so there’s plenty of gameplay footage to check out today!

If you’re interested in learning more about what looks to be another great space adventure, I encourage you to check out the Infinity Battlescape trailer (below) andtheir Kickstarter pledge page. And to the team behind the game, I’d like to say good luck… and thank you for helping bring space games back to the PC!

— Chris Roberts

November 24, 2015 5:42:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Congratulations to I-Novae Studios on their successful Kick Starter campaign on their game!!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time: