Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Sins of a Solar Empire v1.02 released!

Multiplayer improved, pirates tweaked, Siege Frigated modified and more...

By on February 8, 2008 8:51:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1100

Sins of a Solar Empire v1.02 is now available for download. To get it, use either Stardock Central or click on the update button within the game itself.

So what's new? We have the full official change log here. 

In brief:

1. Fixed a bug on Ironclad On-line where games in progress would sometimes linger and show as available resulting in a "Rejected by host" message.
  2. Siege Frigates now use more fleet supply and have somewhat fewer hull points.
  3. Pirate strikes come less often
  4. Random map options that don't have pirates now available
  5. Various tweaks and improvements to ICO (Ironclad Online)
  6. Various tweaks and improvements to the game UI in game (more info available)
  7. Various small tweaks to weapons and defenses
  8. The map designer has been integrated into ICO so you can design your own maps and other players will use them within ICO.

We plan to provide regular free updates to the game to thank users for purchasing the game.  We hope you're having a good time playing the game!

Note: We've noticed from looking at player screenshots around the net that most people haven't changed the graphics from their low-res defaults. See this post for more info.

To get it: Use Stardock Central OR click update from within the game.

21 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 8, 2008 9:01:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Great news, and grats.

Are saved games compatible?

::Edit - nevermind, found the answer in the notes thread
February 8, 2008 9:06:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
You guys are wonderful.
February 8, 2008 9:07:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sins of a Solar Empire v1.02 is now available for download. To get it, use either Stardock Central or click on the update button within the game itself.

So what's new? We have the full official change log here. 

In brief:

1. Fixed a bug on Ironclad On-line where games in progress would sometimes linger and show as available resulting in a "Rejected by host" message.
  2. Siege Frigates now use more fleet supply and have somewhat fewer hull points.
  3. Pirate strikes come less often
  4. Random map options that don't have pirates now available
  5. Various tweaks and improvements to ICO (Ironclad Online)
  6. Various tweaks and improvements to the game UI in game (more info available)
  7. Various small tweaks to weapons and defenses

We plan to provide regular free updates to the game to thank users for purchasing the game.  We hope you're having a good time playing the game!

To get it: Use Stardock Central OR click update from within the game.

Good patch, now can we have the forge tools? pretty please!!

February 8, 2008 10:00:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
The Forge Tools?

The forge is already available under the downloads link on the main site.
February 8, 2008 10:14:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
The Forge Tools?

He means the rest of the Forge Tools for modding the game, not the map editor.

February 8, 2008 10:19:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
The Forge Tools?

The one there is the Galaxy forge tool and is use just for making maps. The rest of the forge tools is what will allow us to edit the game files that currently are in binary form.

February 8, 2008 11:07:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Hopefully the tools will come next week. I cant wait to get started on some modding. Have a great and unique idea in mind.
February 8, 2008 11:11:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
TYVM!

The work is appreciated by all I'm sure.
February 9, 2008 4:39:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Do you have to download the Bonuspack for 1.02 again if you got the Collectors Edition?
February 9, 2008 5:56:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Awesome!

Thanks

February 9, 2008 6:09:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Do you have to download the Bonuspack for 1.02 again if you got the Collectors Edition?

Nope, and you never needed to either if you downloaded the game digitally. (was built in, that bonus pack is to upgrade the DVD version) Its not specifically from the Collectors edition, that was just a little token from IC on release.
February 9, 2008 6:26:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Hi - all!

Just a little info - I took the chance and updated to v1.02 and my entire saved v1.01 single player games works just fine. Just to let u know, some was unsure on this issue.

Happy gaming!

February 9, 2008 6:41:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
They were talking about Version 1.00.
February 9, 2008 11:40:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
hmm I have installed the bonuspack after patching just to be sure.
February 9, 2008 8:10:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
This game is amazing. Wow. You beat Galciv, Masters of Orion and Sword of the Stars in one fell stroke! $45 well spent!!
February 11, 2008 10:05:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Does anyone know if theres a way to turn of pirates for large or huge maps? I just got the download and I can't find the option for the huge or large maps!

February 14, 2008 3:14:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
two things that kinda tick me off which im sure others have said with the patch

1) previous saves do NOT work... thats pretty bad considering i put like 12 hours into my game only to have to start over?

2) "no pirates" options not avalible for large and huge random maps.. why not?

please fix these two issues with the newer patch i would love to be able to finish the epic game i started.
February 18, 2008 12:53:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
how do we update our games offline
February 18, 2008 2:10:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Download the Update. How do you apply it ? It is not an executable file ?
February 18, 2008 5:25:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Currently updates are provided via standalone patches or via Stardock Central.

February 19, 2008 8:43:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I was honestly giving a good bit of thinking for the next patch or few patches.

While I agree that the phase jump inhibitor range should be extended, I also had another thought. I noticed that the radius of the inhibitor field if extended would be perfect if you could build the inhibitor and it uses the planet as the anchor point for the field.

this also gives me an idea for something else that could be put in orbit of planets, and it could be part of the planetary defense sub-tree. Global Orbital Defense Satellites. when you anchor these to the planet their orbit animation is in that ring like area just where the gravity well ends next to the planet. there purpose is to defend against orbital bombardment is to act as point defense against the warheads being fired on the planet. they would have two levels. each one increasing bombardment protection by 10 percent on the first level and additional 15 percent on the second level. equaling 25% bombardment protection, meaning 25% of orbital bombardment shots are negated. this number could be played with depending on what the devs think. while the the unit would look like 4 to 6 orbiting sats, they would act one unit, with one set of health bars. so ideally one would try to shoot down the satellites first then start to bombard the planet.

Æ
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001109   Page Render Time: