Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Sins of a Solar Empire Version 1.1 Now Available

Pre-order Sins of a Solar Empire Expansion “Entrenchment” and Get in the Beta”

By on November 19, 2008 1:08:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+606

Stardock announced a huge free update for Sins of a Solar Empire today, the award-winning title from developer Ironclad Games. Additionally, fans that pre-order the expansion will be included in the upcoming beta for “Entrenchment”. Fans can pre-order the expansion at www.impulsedriven.com.

Highlights from the 1.1 change log include:

• Alloy Networking Technology – allows for seamless multiplayer without needing to deal with port forwarding or other router settings
  • Major upgrade to the graphics engine for better performance on all systems
  • Updated/improved graphics (textures, new models, explosions and more)
  • Mini-Underground Window – allows you to buy/sell resources and make pirate bids on the main gameplay screen
  • Improved game balance
  • Improved AI
  • Bug fixes and much more

The entire change log can be viewed here: http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/329902.

Please note that this update is ENGLISH ONLY.  The French and German versions are still undergoing testing and will be made available at a later date.

For more information about Stardock or the pre-order, please visit www.impulsedriven.com or www.stardock.com.

114 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 19, 2008 1:18:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yipyip, hooray!

November 19, 2008 1:19:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

my impulse is being gay

November 19, 2008 1:25:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My Impulse won't work either.  Just says "Unable to load update" every time I've tried this morning.  Guess they are really backed up there 

November 19, 2008 1:25:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i am having problems with the download of the patch. the "processing" takes forever and sometimes i am getting network errors and nothing else is happening. kinda frustrating...

November 19, 2008 1:29:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's because everyone of Sins lovers is downloading its update today.

November 19, 2008 1:30:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We're looking into the issues right now.

November 19, 2008 1:36:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

... and its done! that was quick

November 19, 2008 1:42:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You already got it before I did!?  I'm a Soor loser

November 19, 2008 1:55:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Mine still says "problem retrieving update data".   Rrrrrrrr...

November 19, 2008 1:57:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

its here?   impulse says it has "problem retrieivng update data"

nvm it has recieved data,  SUPERB hope it goes fast

Edit

finaly worked took ages...   not satisfied

November 19, 2008 2:00:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

mine had it too.

but you just have to wait a bit, and the problem will solve itself.  

November 19, 2008 2:01:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If it helps Zoomba, it says "Error 503" when I try sometimes.  Last try, it download 18%, but then said "connection terminated by remote server".  But I'm 18% closer at least

November 19, 2008 2:04:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Impulse wont even download.

It downloads the install application but when trying to install impulse it attempts to connect to retreive data to finish the install and fails.

November 19, 2008 2:05:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

3.44 MB. Prolly coz i had beta installed Already done

November 19, 2008 2:07:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is strange, first the update size was only 3,44 MB (i have the latest beta, though), then, Impulse said i don't have enough drive space to install it even though i have over 1GB free space (amazing compression there ), and now it's been stuck on "Installing..." for about 15 minutes.

Any ideas whats wrong?

November 19, 2008 2:10:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We are currently experiencing some difficulty with Impulse.  It is a known issue and they are working on it right now.

Please stand by, thank you for your patience!

November 19, 2008 2:11:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey all,

We are currently experiencing some difficulty with Impulse.  It is a known issue and they are working on it right now.

Please stand by, thank you for your patience!

If you are having trouble downloading Impulse from the web installer, grab the full installer from here and you should get a better result:
http://www.impulsedriven.com/impulse_setup_full.exe

November 19, 2008 2:11:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Today is the day we see servers smoking.

I keep getting remote server error 503 Server "Unavailable"

November 19, 2008 2:15:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting PurplePaladin,
If it helps Zoomba, it says "Error 503" when I try sometimes.  Last try, it download 18%, but then said "connection terminated by remote server".  But I'm 18% closer at least

Yea, I'm getting that too.  It's hit or miss.

Basically, there's the deal: We're releasing not just Sins of a Solar Empire v1.1 today but also Object Desktop 2009.  Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal but unlike Sins or other games, Object Desktop is made up of tons of individual components and so it's a bit rougher on the file compare servers (which we have 3 just for handling that).

So what happens, and this is truly ironic and frustrating, is that it has to download an XML file of the latest versions of your stuff to compare with what you have installed to see what needs updating.  Well, IIS on the file server literally craps out. 

In short, today would not be a good day to promote Microsoft Server as an enterprise solution. IIS is still just too fragile.  We're addressing it right now (imagine lots of virtual servers on lots of real servers).

The good news, sort of, is that it's not Impulse. It's really as simple as the equivalent of having say 180,000 people trying to read this post at the same time and even with enough databases, enough bandwidth, enough CPU power, IIS not liking the number of connections.

November 19, 2008 2:21:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not many reasons to boot to Windouz from Mac but V1.1 is surely one of them!

Impulse here I come

If it works - of course...

SWITCH TO MAC!!!

November 19, 2008 2:23:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the update, Brad

November 19, 2008 2:40:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

BTW

Regarding reported issues here is my experience so far...

1. Logged in no problem

2. It took AGE to "retreive latest info"

3. Dling patch as I type at 150Kb - no problem...

This is all on XP running via Bootcamp.

November 19, 2008 2:45:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

oups...

sorry!

2% downloaded and experiencing errors...

cant log in now

November 19, 2008 2:47:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I always get network problem/server error/timeout/etc.

If Impulse is able to log in and retrieve latest data at all! De-centra-lize it!

November 19, 2008 2:56:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

For some reason, i had to free 2.5 GB of drive space to install the patch, and all of it still available? Anyway, now installed and working

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002000   Page Render Time: