great tutorial, very informative. just have one question however. i can open the .entity files provided with your mod and tutorial no problem with Notepad, they appear exactly as they are supposed to. however, when i open the original game files (or any other SoaSE file) i get a LONG single line of text (readable) with all the numbers replaced with random characters. i've tried looking at the files with and without the 1.02 patch, using different text editors, and even fresh installs on different machine, all to no avail. its obviously a formatting problem, but one that i dont know how to fix. if anyone has had a similar problem and figured out how to fix it i'd be grateful for some guidance.