What do you like about Sins?
hm... lets see
1) graphics are quite the shiznit
2) game is stable, despite my rig having only 2/3 the processing power its supposed to "require"
3) big "empire" feel
4) the game appears to come in various stages, its not merely "the same old" for a whole game (although all games appear to run similarly)
5) nice tech tree
6) battles are spectacular
7) the new concept is quite amazing, surprised it hasnt been done before
8) capital ships feel like a serious investment, especially high level ones
9) pirates are fun as adversaries, the other empire-AIs need that sort of intelligence
10) balancing is quite impressive for a game 200 days from being uncovered
11) the newer, more open phaselines make the game progress far quicker
12) will obviously make a great multiplayer game (if the speed issue can be adressed)
13) the "play it your own way" style (while recently stomped upon) I'm sure will make its full comeback to the stage of beta1
14) corvettes play a strategically important role, rather than simply being buffed-frigs
15) scale of the game is perfect
16) empire window is a powerful tool, perfectly designed for the game. it could use some upgrades (and the ability to be minimized) but its quite the godsend in times of crisis.