this post has some very useful info, but the major differences from 1.0 to 1.1 galforge are
1 can change phase lanes to wormhole paths for between wormhole gravity wells
2 sins 1.1+ compatibility ie the second line in the map is "versionNumber 2" in 1.0 it was "versionNumber 1"
if you want to create maps to work with particular mods like mad scientist, 7deadly sins,distant stars,solar sins etc, you can copy the "GalaxyScenarioDef.galaxyScenarioDef" from the gameinfo folder to the folder cotaining galaxy forge
hope this helps
GalaxyForge 1.0 : You can see the Templates in the GSDef file and the Scenario Templates in the map itself (not to mention easy placement throughout the map. Wormhole interconnectivity is not possible (not between different stars/planets)
GalaxyForge 1.1: You can't see the Templates in the GSDef file nor Scenario Templates in the map itself which makes placing, creating, etc a royal PITA. Wormholes and anything in different stars can be connected very easily. You CAN fix the player start points!
Try a nice balancing act. I personally recommend GF1.0 for creating the map. I made a 4 player Freelancer Map for 7DS with 301 planets using nothing but GalaxyForge 1.0 (the GSDef is tweaked out with dozens of templates, so no scenario templates on it). The map itself took a few days to do, then adding the templates was easy work. Now, I could have added 25-30 scenario templates easily and added them in with GalaxyForge 1.0, but had I been working in GalaxyForge 1.1 as it is currently such would be almost impossible. Star/Clad knows the issues and hopefully resolved not being able to see GSDef templates and map scenario templates. Since I don't have GF1.1, can someone confirm that GSDef templates and scenario templates cannot be seen (I had GF1.1, but deleted it promptly.).
- Create you maps in GF1.0, add all your scenario templates (doesn't seem to be a limit on the number of scenario templates you can add) to the map using notepad.
- Re-open in GF1.0 and apply all the scenario templates to your worlds.
- If you are done, just change the ver # from 1 to 2, open in GF1.1 to fix player start points and other fun stuff.
- Play map in SINS 1.13 or whatever version it is.
- If you need to add wormhole interconnectivity (wormholes in different stars -or planet-planet via phaselanes for long ass travel), change the ver # from 1 to 2, then open in GF1.1 and do that.
- **If you save the map in GF1.1, information is added that makes problems with opening it in GF1.0.
- I recommend that you complete your map and if you must add wormhole interconnectivity, you do so at the VERY end of the process.
- If you change the ver #, cut the stuff added by GF1.1, and re-open your map in GF1.0 you will lose all your wormhole interconnectivity.
- GalaxyForge 1.1 is very handy if you have a multi-star map with wormholes from one star connecting to another wormhole in another star and for fixing start points.
Thanks for the plug harpo for you.