Thanks, but I don't fully understand. Let me get this straight.
1) I copy the mod onto a seperate folder.
2) I delete the orignial mod.
3) I copy the reference data (where do I find that?) onto the new mod folder and replace [what] vanilla data?
Sorry but I don't know anything about the actual code and that post wasn't very concise. I understand that you're not obliged to do this so thanks for your time.
this is the job canada gave me so im obligated. my apologies for the confusion
1) whatever folder your mod data is in keep it there.
2) delete from that folder the sub folder titled window.
3) go to the downloads section of this web site and get the forge tools in there is the reference data for 1.16 (the folders title game info and mesh) copy and paste those into your mod folder. when it tells you whether you want to replace all files click yes.
4) go into your sins of a solar empire game folder on your c drive and copy the folders titled: particle, piplineeffect, string, texture, texture animations.
5) paste those into the mod folder and replace any files when it asks to do so.
6) boot up sins ver 1.16 and enjoy your assualt carriers and marathon cruisers