After not being able to play Sins Multiplayer since v1.0 and working with every version there after to try to figure out why my game would desynchronize resulting in a minidump crash I think I have figured it out and a possible workaround.
After downloading the v1.04 patch and installing it I was still getting the desynchronize minidump.
Here are the steps I took there after which resulted in me being able to play my first Multiplayer game without a crash.
1. Uninstall the game, including the saves ETC, using the SDC app.
2. Did a search for "Sins of a Solar Empire" on my HDD's.
3. Any files left behind form the uninstall were removed (Deleted).
4. (This step is not recommended for anyone who doesn't know how to use regedit.) Oped up the registry and searched for all instances of "Sins of a Solar Emipre." Deleted all instances that referred to the game install. I found an old registry entry for "Sins of a Solar Empire Beta 3" in there. No idea if this was a cause of the minidumps or not.
5. Ran the program called "Registry Mechanic." Fixed minor issues.
6. Restarted my computer.
7. Ran the SDC app and clicked "install game."
8. I did not change the default install location. (This is something I never do but I decided to give it a shot. Normally I install it to a different HDD all together from where my OS is installed. No idea if this was the cause of the minidumping issues.)
9. Loaded up the game and played for the first time without a minidump crash in MP.
Some combination, or all of the above, steps cause it to "fix" what ever the issue was.
PS: No there were never, ever, any mods installed at any time on my computer.