Well above all: I want to see Flak Frigates buffed/All Cap ships get some kind of Flak, and Strike Craft no longer instantly replacable.
After that balance, I really want to see random events and several new ships added to the game such as: (for all three factions of course)
- Destroyer class ships (the missing link between Heavy Crusiers and Light Frigates) weaken than a cap ship but better than a HC , sort of a mini-Cap excelling at combating larger ships like HCs and equal against Caps but losing to Strike Craft and LFrigate spam.
- A anti-strike craft Capital Ship. The bane of all light carriers anywhere. Moderate-weak ship to ship guns like the Dunov, but carries 12 Flak turrets and has the Flak bust ability and an ability to slow down strike craft. Absolutely hurts strike craft but is only marginally useful against everything else. (possibly only the TEC should get this due to their inherent disadvantage against other faction's strike craft)
- My suggestion about adding a "Super-Capital Ship type" in the bigger capital ships thread. E.g. a Super Star Destroyer type that would cost 5000 credits, 600 m/crystal and cost 90 logistics. That is unspammable but is useful as a tank to soak up dmg while other units fight. It will only have marginally more firepower than a regular capital ship (15%) and about 20% more hull points, 10% more shields.
- The Science Vessel, remember StarCraft? The awesome Terran Science Vessel unique design. It will be a mobile Civic OR Military Lab (you get to choose, and it will count towards your total lab count) costing slightly more than a regular immobile science lab 900 credits, 125 metal, 125 crystal (it'll be quite expensive, hence non-spammable). It should have decent shields and hull points considering this thing is massive more than the protev colony ship, but it does not have any weapons.
All Science Vessels (regardless of Civic or Military) will get:
1 - Sensor Outpost. An small station able to be constructed, 1 per max system, regardless of any logistics, thus allowing it to be made in uncolonizable asteriod belts or nebulas allowing permanent line of sight in the entire gravity well and letting you see what ships are jumping in and out of that gravity well. (Cost 50 credits, 25 metal, 25 crystal) with about the same hp as a obital mine.
In addition, the science vessel becomes specialized depending on which type you chose to construct.
The Civic Science Lab Vessel would get: (Note all abilities would cost anti-matter)
1 - An ability named "Planetary Exploration" that can get the "Explore Planet lv. 1" (still need to get the planet upgrade for lv. 2) on your planets to find artifacts/planet bonuses with its special ability. No cost.
2 - a special ability "Detailed Planetary Anaylsis" costing credits (125 credits, 25 crystal) each time you use it to allow a volcanic/ice planet to be able to be colonized without having the civic research. The cost each time would still make getting the civic research better in the long run.
3 - Ability:"Trade Route Analysis" that costs credits (150 credits, 50 crystal) allowing the planet to build 1 Trade port despite having it logistics slot maxed out already. This means a trade port can even be created in uncolonizable asteroid belts, dead roids, and nebulas, solving that trade route connecting problem! Obital Commerce must have already been researched to unlock this ability. The each-time cost, and being limited to only building the Trade Port makes logistics slot purchase more attractive in the long run.
4 - Ability: "Deep-Space Mining Analysis" ability that costs (100 credits, 75 crystal) allowing a Orbital Refinery to be made regardless of logistics slots available, even in uncolonizable asteriod belts with metal/crystal mines.
The Military Lab Science Vessels would get:
1. - "EMP Shockwave" Drains the anti-matter (-50%) and a portion of the shields (a flat -100) of all enemy ships inside the targetted radius. Devastating against Advent and Vasari whose Shields are high and advanced. Only costs Anti-matter. Targetted ships that were hit in the shockwave radius cannot phase jump for 25 seconds.
2. - "Projected Defense Shields" Targetted friendly ship will receive -75% less dmg to its shields and hull points for 50 seconds. This is very similar to the Kol battleship's Adaptive forcefield and can complement the Dunov's Shield Restore ability.
3. - Magnetize, Same as the Dunov's ability, causes all enemy strike craft to inside a radius violently crash into the Science vessel with strike craft causing 15 points of dmg upon impact.
4. - Anti-matter restore, same as the Dunov's ability for Anti-matter instead of shields. It restores 180 points of Anti-matter to 1 targetted ship.
Due to the prohibitive cost and fact it is unarmed, they will be limited to a small number. Also all their abilities take micro-management rewarding good science vessel management!the military SV will be very very useful in a battle complementing other capital ships, while I know I want a Civic one as well. SV will be a support ship fan's dreamboat.