Now this guy understands. His response was professional, he did not patronize or try to hard to be witty in order to make his post seem intelligent. It was a heart felt response. Duely noted my friend and thank you for your suggestion.
here once again is my initial reply to the first
thread you made with your complaint. (a reply which by the way you never bothered to acknowledge at all..
What is the point of forum posts (and stickies) by the developers and forum volunteers if no one cares to read them, and instead create yet another post/thread complaining about things already gone over and covered quite nicely???
1. IronClad Online is a matchmaking service, nothing is hosted by ICO. SINS is P2P. The HOST in SINS is a "host" in name only. All players in a SINS MP game run the entire simulation on their own PC, the "host" only SYNCS all of the player's games together.
2. Because of point number one (nothing being hosted by IronClad Online) people (wanting to "host") need to forward all relevant game traffic past routers/firewalls to their pc's. For those with only one NAT device (router) it can be as simple as forwarding the relevant traffic past said router and on to their computer system. Others have multiple NAT devices (a router and a cabled/dsl modem that has been configured to act as a router as well) and those setups can require a tad more attention.
My guide "Networking and SINS" (the relevant guide is the one that I wrote Feb 14th 2008 please check the file date to make sure you're using the correct one) covers all that is necessary in order to configure one's network correctly to host sins. The instructions have worked for many people so far and there is no reason they can't continue to work.
There are two exceptions to this rule:
1. People who are at university dorms etc. where they can't force a network admin to forward the relevant game-traffic to only THEIR pc.
2. People who can't be bothered to download, read and implement the instructions I've provided.
In either case, it has been pointed out MANY, MANY times now on these forums and in ICO chat, that game version 1.1 will introduce an optional NAT-T (Nat traversal) type "tunneling" netcode for SINS which (although like anything that "tunnels" past routers and firewalls is LESS secure than before) will enable both those who can't and those who won't follow the instructions in my guide to be able to host SINS games.
thanks and have a nice day!
1. What exactly was patronizing in that detailed
2. What was un-professional about my factual
3. How much more of my time would you have me give to this community before you deem it "heartfelt effort"?
You have some sort of bone to pick with me for some reason that I can't understand...
I saw you in ICO June 16th/08 and pointed you to our clan forums to download my guide for SINS networking. You downloaded my guide on June 16th/08 and also registered on our clan forums at the same time.
On our clan forums site you're still the newest registered user
. Click on your name (June 16th 2008) You downloaded my guide and registered on our forums, one day before
you posted your first complaint thread
which I answered with exactly what I quoted above.....to which you never responded.You've had my guide for a month now itsmevic. How many people have you helped put those instructions to use?
Maybe you should look in the mirror before pointing fingers...