This is a sound replacement mod with the focus on weapons and explosions. It replaces just about all the sounds used ingame with new enhanced versions. Things that was left out where either voice acting or effects that already contained high quality.
- New explosion sounds all ranging from small ship, installations to big capital ship explosions with a longer duration to better match up the visual experience.
- New critical hit sounds to really let you know when a ship is in trouble.
- New beefed up weapon sounds for all weapons and installations. All sounds still trying to uphold the feeling of quality towards each race.
- New impact sounds for all weapons making a clearer message about when things are actually hitting.
- New sounds for all ships engines. Different characteristics for each race.
I always felt that the sound in this game where a little lacking. To me, all the sounds where a bit too much muffled. I can see why the developers took this approach since it should convey the feeling of a grand scale battle. I personally didn't like it and that is really the reason why i made this mod. These new sounds should be somewhat clearer and hopefully enhance the experience of participating in a massive battle! Hope you will like it!
See the readme for further information.
INSTALL / UNINSTALL
1. Locate your mod folder.
Start the game and use the "Show modpath" feature from the ingame
This will tell you where your mods will be placed.
2. Unzip the contents of this mod to your mod folder in your modpath.
The result should be something like this...
C:\..\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods\gurkoz\
3. Enable the mod.
Start the game and open the mods section of the options menu.
Select the "gurkoz" mod in the list of mods and click enable.
You can also check the "load at startup" for future autoload.
4. Crank up the volume and Play!
* To uninstall the mod just delete the folder in your modpath.
* To merge this mod with your current enabled mod just unzip the
containing folders in your existing mod path.
COMPATABILITY WITH FUTURE VERSIONS
Since this mod is based on the sole purpose of just replacing resource
files and not altering any game-files, i am fairly convinced that it will
be fully compatible with future versions. It might even be compatible
with versions prior to v1.05 but i leave that up to you to find out.
Download gurkoz SINSounds v1.0 (2.3mb)