[quote who="The_Regicide" reply="11" id="1956715"]I said that because he obviously, like so many other clueless people, think that a minidump is a bad thing that crashes the game.
But the chicken wasn't here before the egg. The minidump is the result of your game crashing. It is a text file that says what the game was doing, what your system is, when it crashed and that sort of thing. When the game "minidumps", it means something bad happened, and if you want it resolved you better send the minidump to support. I have this feeling that conte didn't actually send a minidump to support...
And about your interpretation of the car analogy, it's not like that. Conte already said that 80% of the games were minidumped or desynced... Which sort of implies that the other 20% played fine. Meaning the car that probably drives on unleaded only drove perfectly fine, then the owner went to the gas station, pumped it full of leaded(either because he doesn't know he shouldn't, or doesn't know it's leaded), drove for a mile, stalled, died, towed it back. This then happened a dozen times more, but hey, he needs the car to get around. Finally, the tank is empty, and he goes to the gas station again. This time he pumps it full of unleaded. Car works fine! Tank empty? Go to gas station... pump it full of leaded... car stalls... ask for refund...
In normal circumstances, I'm sure he'd get his refund... but since these aren't normal circumstances, as the guy has the game for almost a pregnancy's timespan, and has played it online successfully at least 50 times, all bets are off... This is gonna be fun to watch!
[/quote]:I said that because he obviously, like so many other clueless people, think that a minidump is a bad thing that crashes the game.
Dude you really dont have a clue. MiniDump is a bad thing it only happens if something very bad happens.
Yes it is only a report but it happening = something very bad so in short you get a minidump it is bad.
I sorta agree with everyone else about nicks refund. You cant keep it for a year and decide you dont like it and want your money back. If you bought it as a release which you didnt it would be different. But buying in advance to play before it is released is your own fault deal with it untill it is fixed.