Pretty cool mod, great job! But I noticed a few things that may or may not be bugs.
1. I found the cause of the swarms of fighters for the TEC. It's either the Commodore frigate or the Destroyer frigate, or both. They kept summoning fighters and bombers Returning Armada Style. I finally had to feed em to the pirate base cause I had all these strikecraft that were taking up like 500 supply points. It stopped once they were dead thankfully. If that's a feature, I'd suggest capping how many fighters they summon. (X squads per ship.)
2. I played a TEC AI on medium and he never left his home planet, he just sat there. Do you have the AI working in this? He built exactly 1 cap ship and a bunch of cobalts.
3. Damage for the TEC got incredibly high. Balance? It looked really cool, but the "War Vessel" (Kol) was far more powerful than the other stock TEC cap ships.
4. That melee beam on some smaller ships seems to be causing the ships they attack to get bumped back. Looks kinda wierd.
5. Seems odd that I'm building a titan as my first free cap ship, since a stock cap ship is likely to get overpowered by the independents. In fact, in the early game it was a bit tough to spread to other planets, but that's sort of ok.
I hate to sound too negative, it is a cool mod. I like some of the models. Oh, and I haven't encountered any overpowered frigates yet. And the visual effects for the TEC weapons were great. Thanks a lot man!