This is a great MOD, I have really been enjoying it! I have a couple of questions about the ship grave yard.
1. I noticed that the captured capital ships do not have any options for abilities. Can that be changed so that they are just like the cap ships you build yourself?
2. The capital ships you capture don't require an available ship crew, but all of the captured ships count against your available supply (if you don't have enough at the time, you just go negative until you upgrade your Fleet numbers). Is there a way to make the supply requirements for captured ships zero?
Thanks for the kind words about the mod, it's always nice to hear about people enjoying it.
I have cosidered adding weaker, much less effective abilities to these ships due to them being relic's in comparison to the current technology being used however it wont make it in to the next patch, although its certainely under consideration, thanks for the suggestion.
#2 I have addressed in the patch already however "free" ships arent really a great idea as I have previously played games with 4 or 5 graveyards it would then give who ever captured those an insane advantage (despite the ships being weaker) over the other races
Just tried out the latest of your mod. Really appreciate the fact that you used my suggestion about the caps. Now the main battleship are true powerhouses, the Kortul fully upgraded puts out a monstorous 1000 plus attack with overcharge ability OUCH! !
There is still the graphical problem for the Vasari HC and bomber. The meshes look misapplied, sorry there re no visuals I cant seem to figure out how to upload screenshots. Also you might want to tone down the phasic transmissions upgrade to 15%. This severly unbalances the Vasari with too many ships. Finally check the behavior of the Subverters. They never do anything unless you cammand them to move and that is all they can do, they cant even shoot their popguns.
Other than that. This is one Cool Mod Keep up the good work. cant wait to see this mod for entrenchment.
Not at all, thanks for the suggestion about the capital ships! I still cant find whats wrong with the Vasari HC & Bomber(s) however i'll look in to it some more, honestly there shouldnt be a problem with them as the meshes used are the default one's from the official game folder & those ships are barely modified from their default however I will look in to it further.
The Subverters are like this in default sins as far as I am aware and sadly as far as I've seen it is a hard coded problem with them, however again I'll look in to it and see how it goes.
Your Phasic Transmissions research has been implemented & will be included in Patch 4 thanks for the suggestion, I hadnt noticed how unbalancing it was before. Thanks for the kind words about the mod!
Might I suggest you redo the the cap carriers? I mean for 75 suppy they should have alot more SC. ALOT.
Also might wanna changed some Cap ablities around just to see if it presents a more or different combat enviroment.
Can you also add new artifacts? Maybe new abitlites to further the difference between the races? Idk, just thorwing ideas out.
I believe artifacts are hard coded in to the game sadly so I wont be able to tweak or create new one's of those, would be nice to add new one's though!
All capital ships in the next patch cost 50 fleet supply again, I had also noticed the odd carrier costs & have fixed it - thanks for pointing it out again for me
I will see what new abilities can be created or adjusted for the future patches, nice idea to tweak them & upgrade them somewhat.
Great work on the mod! Love everything about it. (except the new music, but I happen to like the sins soundtrack )
I noticed something the other day, wasn't the TEC Carrier supposed to have missiles? 'cause there clearly are launchers and I think I remember it firing missiles in vanilla.
Like -Ue_Carbon said, for 75 supply you don't get much strikecraf. But not much firepower either.
Glad your enjoying the MOD, there's plenty more to come thats for sure! The TEC Carrier in default Sins only has Lasers no missiles, I was just looking at this my self in the Forge Tools, there's no mention of missiles only lasers
Patch 4 is now undergoing heavy testing here's the current change log there's quite a huge list of fixes, changes & tweaks, bare in mind it isnt 100% concrete yet but its coming along nicely.
- Numerous changes have been made to the strengths of ship vs ship combat, to bring it more in line with the regular sins ships, now ship vs ship combat hasnt changed much from original Sins 1.1x (Minor tweak barely noticeable change)
- Ship Graveyard capital ships now cost 10 fleet supply instead of the random amounts they were previously charged, the frigates & cruisers are un-changed at the moment
- Build speed has been slightly increased for each of the game modes slow, normal & fast
- Research rate has been slightly increased on the fast game mode setting to scale better with the other speed changes made in distant stars
- Gravity well sizes have been standardized across many planets to improve travelling distance, ships will no longer seem slow across certain gravity wells
- Research prices have now been standardised across ALL races for balance
- All capital ships now cost 50 fleet supply
- Hangers now have a maximum of 3 squadrons except Advent which can be increased to 5 with the appopriate research
- All fighters and bombers have been re-balanced according to their races traits
- Trade Ports & Refineries now only produce 1 Trade Ship & Refinery Vessel each, however to compensate the cargo holds on these ships have been increased to compensate, the amount each of the three races can carry in their holds has also been re-balanced due to it being in the TEC's favour previously, this is mostly an asthetical change due to Distant Stars generating lag at times with masses of fighters, trade ships and refinery vessels flying around
- All ship's have had their prices, hull, shields & slot count adjusted slightly to bring them further inline with the regular sins ships to better help transition from Sins 1.1x to Distant Stars, this also helps bring the game in to balance greatly (exact details will be added once the new stats are finalized)
- The Kol ability "Finest Hour" is level 6 again
- Rebellion research has been significantly re-balanced
- "Skilled Hangar Anima" research now has two levels of research instead of 4 but increases maximum squadrons from a hanger by the same amount (2)
- Kostura Cannon can now be fire at any planet, to enhance the effect of the cannon, this greatly enhances the usefulness of this cannon as it can now be used tactically to save a planet
- Planet Bombardment Turret should now be deployed within range of a planet to bombard
- "Phasic Transmissions" research now has two levels of research (to grant a maximum of +15%)
This isnt all the changes that have been made as some are still in testing and are yet to be finalized.