Posting in both threads.
If all it is, is a new mesh, all that has to be done is create a folder called Battle Damage or whatever the mini would be called, create a mesh folder in that, put the mesh in, and that's it. Mod wise, just make sure it's above DS in the list, and above any other mini that includes a mesh for it. Safest bet is put it at the top of the list and don't worry about it.
However, after looking at his mesh, if you want it to work with DS:
1. The name of the file needs to be changed to CapitalShip_DeadBattleship to make integration much easier
2. If it's to be used in Rebellion as opposed to earlier versions, a line under "mesh data" needs to be added and the info maxDiffuseMipLevel 0 put in to it... I assume that was the intent since Rebellion particle effects were used... I don't even have rebellion and I know that...
3. If used in Diplomacy/Trinity or earlier, the first 6 points need to be removed.
4. Just a general problem I see: The 7th point needs to have a tab deleted so that it lines up properly. Most likely will cause an error upon loading. (The game is expecting 34 and is probably only going to see 33 because of the alignment issue.
5. It's missing a weapon point:
Position [ 41.514137 56.767746 192.605179 ]
[ 0.965926 0.000000 0.258819 ]
[ 0.000000 1.000000 0.000000 ]
[ -0.258819 0.000000 0.965926 ]
That should take the Rebellion point count to 35, earlier versions back to the 29 it originally had.
6. The diffuse and SelfIllumination texture references should be changed to say CapitalDeadBattleship instead of CapitalTechBattleship to use the dirtier textures.
So yeah, that's all. It's actually not very much at all, it just looks like it. I can't test it either, but I don't think there will be any other problems if the mesh is fixed up.