Progi, guardian and subjugator all have good abilities for tanking, makes for great synergy in the fleet. Illuminator is not bad for DPS.
Vasari's overseer is not as useful as the guardian is, because the abilities don't hang so tightly together with the rest of the fleet. Otherwise Vasari is probably a close second in fleet capability.
TEC's ships are not as strong - it's more about building bigger fleets and being able to replace them quick. So you'd say TEC is weaker fleet-wise, then?
Here is how I rank the races, ingame
1. The Vasari take #1 in early game because of all the cap ships they can construct, they have the egg, which with about 5 of their Ravastras, can take you a long way in the Early game
2. TEC take this one because TEC have the ability to make massive fleet build ups in the early game in proportion to the early economic leade that they take
3. Advent come last in early game because without their armor, weapon, and shield upgrades, the "Grunt" of the advent fleet, the Disiple Vessel, is relatively easy to destroy. Advent technology depends heavily upon research.
Mid-Game-In mid game, the races are pretty close to each other in competitiveness
1. Vasari-In mid game the Vasari still have a slight, only slight advantage in the mid game, over the other races. They have constructed phase missles at this point and are not afraid to use them.
2. Advent- The Advent overtake TEC in Mid game wit the consruction of the Illuminators, Iconus Guardian, and Destra crusaders in the mid game. And By this point, about 3/4ths of the Ship research should be complete.
3. TEC- It becomes apparent in Mid-game that the TEC rely too heavily on fleet size in Mid-game and research only becomes secondary.
1. Advent- By the late game, the Advent have full fleet research complete and have a very high damage output in relation to their fleet size. By this point they also have the strongest shields and are perfectly capable of a mass invasion with only minimal losses. Their downfall however is te Vasari Phase Missles.
2. TEC- In late game, theTEC fleet spamming does pay off as they are able to completely outnumber whatever enemy it is they are facing. The problem is that if they lose certain key Frigates and cruisers, their fleet becomes less powerful.
3. Vasari- I have played as Vasari and was disappointed to see that between mid-game and late-game, there is really not a big change in Vasari Tactics in the late game. The Potential upside being they are able to effectively patrol their planets with the Phase Jump stabilizer they are able to construct.