Harpo, I will try that tonight.
Well being that all I really care about is having the dynamic combat, could I just remove the other files and keep the "Game Info" folder?
Here's the deal, Beal... What I did was downloaded this mod and deleted the entire PipelineEffects folder since its not necessary to include in a mod of this type. Including it only causes issues when things are updated since it doesn't actually change anything included in that folder. I put the mod straight into the Entrenchment 1.051 mod folder. Second thing I did was used Harpo's manifest maker to create an updated entity manifest only. (Having the vanilla, entrenchment, and mod boxes checked, get that manifest here if you don't want to mess with anything Obviously you'll have to rename it and overwrite the one included with this mod). Other then those two changes, nothing else was done to this mod to update it. Ran it for over an hour 10 player map 3 teams of 3 TEC, Advent, and Vasari, and me, all set to the highest difficulty to ensure they'd build up. The dev exe didn't give me any errors at all and the log didn't show anything unexpected.
Also, what I discovered recently, is that even if I dont create a Trade Port I will still have this exception. I discovered this when I saved the game just before the completion of the structure. Then I played it out to let it crash and restarted the game to load the save. After I loaded the save it completed the Trade Port without crashing. Later I thought I was free and clear but it was just a mater of time before it crashed agian. I hope this offers some more insight to my problem.
On another note I could be using Harpo's software incorrectly. (wouldn't be the first time it was user error.)
Then the error isn't related to a tradeport, which I didn't think it would be considering this mod doesn't touch any of that. At this point I'd have to assume something in the update process isn't working out right since I didn't use any tools other then the manifest maker and I have no crashes as of the hour mark with nine bloodthirsty AI's.
So here's what I want you to do:
- Redownload this mod.
- Unarchive it to your desktop.
- Move it over to your mod folder.
- Delete the PipelineEffects folder.
- Download my entity manifest http://sites.google.com/site/steelers086/gamefiles/DMentity.manifest
- Rename it by removing the DM from the front of it. (Had to do that so it doesn't conflict with the other manifest I uploaded for Distant Stars.)
- Move that to the Dynamic Battle System Mod folder overwriting the existing one.
- Play the game again and let me know if the issue persists.
That's pretty simple stuff right there and requires no tools or modding of files or updating anything on your part, so you shouldn't be able to screw that up. ;Þ