Welcome back! We have had to migrate to bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/TobiWahn_Kenobi/sotyr/issues?status=new&status=open
Each capital ship and many frigates have open tickets with ability lists. Where you see holes please feel free to add an ability but take a while poking around to see how the mod has progressed since last you were working on it. If there is no ticket for a captital ship it is likely closed. So far we are running at 3 pages of closed tickets. Ask TobiWahn for account permission which will give you full access. TobiWahn is still maintaining the master database but the work surface is at bitbucket. Version 0.43 for SotYR should be out around 11 Nov.
A lot of the uploaded abilities will not make it into 0.43 and based on the notes there will be more frequent but smaller content patches till the Rebellion compliant patch is released. Dig through the forum when you get a chance you'll see one or more lists of things than need work. My take for your talents would be the following in order:
1) Finish capital ship ability lists.
2) Play test 0.43 and open faction tickets for found issues. A lot of 0.42 issues will be addressed but some may not work as intended and new ones are sure to surface.
3) Adjust tech trees as required for balance and early game. (0.43 already addresses some of this)
4) Propose and build frigate and planet module abilities.
5) Add models and other needed art. (UI needs a lot of work)
6) Proposing solutions to close/correct open tickets.
7) There are issues in the string files but it is very low priority.
8) Where ever you want to help.
New Horizons is on the team and has been busy with artifacts, string files, good ideas and useful suggestions among other assistance.
Glad you have more time to contribute. Oh, TobiWahn has continued to upgrade his database tool you will want the latest version.