No Mesh files were changed, or altered. Which means all of the errors, typos, and anomalys that the TSOP team found over time are still present in the game with the beta patches.
No Particle files were changed, or altered. Same as above, but add on references to missing textures still present.
No Textures were changed at all. Which means all of the inefficient TGA'a are still present. TGA also doesnt utilize the DDS formats mip mapping ability. Textures that the game no longer use are still in the textures folder, and there are textures missing that ether a particle, or mesh calls for which could cause some issues. Some textures are way to large IMO for the purpose they serve (especially for the particles). When reduced in resolution by half there is absolutely no visible difference in game, but save a ton of memory, and increase performance.
The GalaxyScenarioDef file was changed, and we did find some issues in there before (misspells, and the infamous "GuassCannon"). It might be worth a look again to see if those issues were corrected.
SoundEffects.sounddata was updated, again might be worth a look see.
All PipelineEffect files in the diplomacy beta folder have been changed. What was done i do not know. Possibly to eliminate the white line issue seen when using anti aliasing.
EnglishString has been changed obviously to correct some typos as mentioned in the change logs.
No files in the Window folder have been touched.
ConvertData, and the Diplomacy plus Dev exe's were obviously updated.
The only way i can see IC increasing the performance without altering any textures, particles, or meshes is by changing the EXE, and altering pipeline effects. I know nothing about the pipeline effects, what they do, or what each entry means.
With what i see so far TSOP should have no trouble running in the betas. Will test it myself to be sure.
If we want to help IC we should point out ALL of the errors, typos, and anomaly's we found when we did this project