ja394, the steps for using my textbin gui to convert from bin to text mode ARE
1. copy your program files \sins of a solar empire folder to ANOTHER location eg my documents OR into the c:\ so that it looks like (my documents\sins of a solar empire) or (c:\sins of a solar empire)
2. start the sins textbinner.exe program
3. make sure the conversion to is set to txt(default value)
4. click on the conversion types 'all' button
5. select the hard drive you copied the sins folder TO
6. in the next box that has the list of folders in it navigate to the sins of a solar empire folder, and double click on the folder so it has the blue bar highlighting the sins of a solar empire folder
7. click on the button '3. convert this folder' it will convert all the folders inside this folder to the mode you want
8. click on the button labeled '4.convert the folder NOW'
the gui will now go and convert using the correct convertdata exe for the folder AND sub-folders inside it and report what it was able to do in the three boxes on the righthand side of the window (the top one is the files successfully converted, the middle is the files that failed to convert (because the convertdata failed to convert the file), and the bottom box is the files ALREADY in the wanted file type either bin OR txt, and at the end the gui will also write four report files into the folder that it converted telling what had happened.
9 click on the exit button to exit the utility
and also check the op for the dropbox link