Here's some specific items I'd like feedback on (Colonials only)...
Economic pacing for early game Colonials (i.e. focusing on non-combat labs/research versus combat)
- I've done well with a focus on cheap mines then building a refinery network
- Trade at tier 3 puts more emphasis on mines, refinery and early tax upgrades
- Population growth upgrades at low tiers keep the cost low but really aren't great until you have a high pop planet to colonize.
Combat pacing for early game Colonials (i.e. focusing on combat labs/research versus non-combat)
- Ships are expensive but durable. Hard to deal with vanilla factions that can outspam you. Armor/Hull Research might not be currently enough to offset overall lower mitigation.
Research String Descriptions?
Ability suggestions - Open to suggestions that fit with the current ability names and icons. I don't want to create new assets but tweaking the underlying code is acceptable.
- Titans abilities are vanilla templates right now and need some oomph.
- Capital ability balance/tweaks
Personally I feel early game battlestars are too strong especially when evidenced against this comparison spreadsheet.
Frigates are actually fairly close per supply. Basically while less in numbers they stack up fairly well to other factions. The delimiting factor right now is mitigation which may need some more tweaking to balance things out.