I agree the "I want to win Noaaw!" player will bail easy but reading your suggestions--study replays, etc.--some of us grown-ups don't have that much free time that often.
I have just enough time to:
- Play a single game title at a time.
- Read and Post on one (or two) Forums consistently.
- Play solo in small increments finishing a game over time.
- Infrequently have more than an hour straight to play--online or otherwise.
Grandkids, children, spouses, homes, yards, pets and jobs take the rest. To play a marathon session my options are:
- Go without sleep for a night.
My play time is after everyone else here is in bed and work is done.