In order to keep folks in the loop and try to avoid duplicate posts on the same issues, I thought it would be a good idea to start up a Known Issues thread.
Known Issues / Fixes:
- Black Screen on Startup
- This is a problem with laptop users who have both Intel and Nvidia graphics chipsets. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion requires Nvidia driver version 296.10 or higher. Please update to this driver either from your laptop manufacturer or from Nvidia's website (http://www.nvidia.com).
- You may also need to set your GeForce driver to use only the GeForce chipset for the game. This will be updated automatically in a future Nvidia driver.
- Game Crashes On Start / Load
- This is most likely caused by a bad update. To fix, go to your Steam Library and right-click on Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, then select Properties. Click the Local Files tab and then Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
- To avoid this in the future, you may want to suspect any anti-virus apps or other disk scanning apps during an update. These apps can sometimes lock files during updating/install.
- Vasari Rebel Starbase Debris Vortex Crash - Caused by using the Debris Vortex ability while phase jumping. This has been fixed internally.
- Dark Fleet Cost Bugs - Fixed internally.
- Vasari Rebel Starbase Phase Jump Ability OP - Fixed internally. We'll look at this further if needed.
- Visual C++ Run Time Error - Seems limited to Nvidia GeForce cards. We believe we've solved this internally.
- Stripped to the Core OP - We're investigating a number of solutions to this internally.
- Vasari Titans Too Weak - Addressed internally.
- Corvettes OP - Addressed internally.
- Desyncs in Multiplayer - Under constant investigation internally. Proving very, very difficult to reproduce and lock down.