Now Available via Steam
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion BETA 1a via the Steam client for all pre-order customers. This update is largely to fix the reported crash bugs, but also contains some minor balance adjustments. More substantial balance updates will be included in a future update.
Rebellion 0.61 Update Log:
- Updated TEC phase charge particles to be better optimized.
- Fixed several lens flare bugs.
- Fixed bad seam on the Moon texture.
- Added center and above points to the Moon mesh.
- Fixed other Moon texture issues.
- Added proper Vasari Rebel titan shield mesh.
- Greatly increased Titan debris on destruction.
- Updated normal maps and team color textures on TEC Titan Factory, TEC corvettes and the TEC Corsev battlecruiser.
- Made several skybox lighting adjustments.
- Fixed missile point error on TEC Rebel Titan.
[ Gameplay ]
- Fixed bug that would prevent players from building Titans.
- Swapped tiers/dependencies on Pirate Mercenaries and Truce Amongst Rogues.
- Fixed AI bug that made all AI capital ships get stuck in an endless Retreat loop. This was seriously gimping the AI, so things should be immediately improved.
- Added newer ship retreat logic - this is a work-in-progress.
- Fixed Research Warning bug.
- Fixed crash bug on auto-spending ability upgrade points on Titans.
- Fixed crash bug where capital ships and Titans would crash the game when retreating from a star.
- Fixed phase jumping bug.
- Fixed null pointer crash.
- Updated TEC corvette movement - they should no longer run through enemy ships.
- Changed Boarding Parties ability to no longer capture structures (per design). Boarding Parties will still inflict damage on structures.
- Fixed a Game/Victory Options dialog button bug after loading a save game.
- Fixed Attack Planet mission crash bug.
- Fixed Novalith Cannon module crash bug.
- Fixed exploit that would allow players to build multiple Titans.
- Increased Titan build time to 450 seconds from 225 seconds.
- Increased Titan build cost to 10,500 credits, 1,400 metal and 875 crystal.
- Increased Fleet Supply cost of TEC corvettes to 2 from 1. Additional corvette balance changes will be coming in a future update.
[ Interface ]
- Fixed positioning problem with Steam name/game name on ICO player info dialog.
- Game should now load avatars and names of unknown players on ICO.
- Moved build module circle down to match the rest of the gravity well.
- Fixed bug where the Victory Tree would disappear.
[ Misc. ]
- Fixed confusing string with offering missions text.
- Updated Alloy related strings.
- Fixed bug where inviting a new player to a multiplayer game before the player was created on ICO caused issues.
- Updated various strings to make the new TEC Loyalist/Rebel technologies more clear.
- Removed unused .dll and .bat files.
- Fixed various string file typos.
- Added "reb" suffix to save, stat, and record files.
- Fixed several race-based achievements.