Whether Sins can have a pro scene?
Firstly we are talking a pro scene as an environment where players strive to improve and get better at the game.
Take Starcraft 2 which has this environment.
Im platinum 1v1 , Diamond 2v2 3v3 . APM of 80. - so roughly above average player.
But because of the "environment"
- I load up unit test map to try out different units against each other
- I practice the micro challenges to improve aspects of my unit control
- I watch replays on youtube of top pros to study their techniques and get unique commentary explanation from casters
- I download expert replays
- I watch every replay of my games to study weaknesses in my macro and micro
- I post threads and ask for tips on various plays.
The same would be said of a Bronze Newbie.
Because the "environment" is tailored and covergent towards a "pro scene"
even a new player will do the above to best of his abilities. Even at a low level he will be striving to improve.
So its actually the attitude of the new players who decide if sins will truely go down the path of pro scene . because its new players that become tommorows expert players. And its because new players become tommorows experts that todays experts strive to keep up with their skills.
But frankly ive said this before . Sins will never ever have a pro scene because newbies are now content on joining 4v4 random , and theres no motivation to learn because its ALL RANDOM!!!.
Fixed maps will provide a tiny bit of the environment neccessary to encourage new players to improve at the game. As it is now , I dont even want to improve at the game , cos whats the point! We are all playing 4v4 and 5v5 cos its comfortable , instead of 2v2 and 3v3.
But then again the real question is why should sins even have a pro scene. It IS my comfort game and I like it that way . If im ever gonna "train" at a game , its gonna be a game like Sc2 .