Spotted some AI issues during a game that exist in the latest build 25/05/12.
1) There were some mines in some grav wells and when the AI attacked the well he left his fleet in them wells for ages and didn't send scouts. He didn't send a colony ship in to cap for ages but did a planet inbetween. It was as if it counted the mines as enemy fleet or structures and left it's fleets there to deal with it but as it didn't include scouts it never got rid of the mines. This rendered this AI pretty much useless as it left it's best ships and it's Titan there.
2) The AI didn't prioritise getting it's Titan out enough. Some AIs were ok, others waited for aaaaaaages, and then once building the Titan foundry they didn't build the Titan for a long time after.
3) The AI still suicides itself against Star bases. It should not be hard to retreat from a stationary enemy when it realises it isn't going to win!
4) The AI doesn't attempt to retreat individual ships that are getting low. It's either all or nothing in retreat. It would be a good idea to consider retreating low hp caps (<20% ?) from battle and to work out whether to retreat the remaining ships based on the same calculations it uses now.
5) Both Vasari opponents in a long game didn't seem to ever create phase gates.
Not sure if something like this already exists but would be a good idea if others contribute.