Proposed changes for the Jumping Orky:
1. Alter the 'colonies' upgrade to also include the trade port income bonus:
Each level would grant a population and trade bonus, albeit a smaller one of each than the separate upgrades.
The maximum upgrade level would be increased by 1 or 2.
2. Use the freed up starbase upgrade slot for a 'Starbase Jump Engine' upgrade. 2 levels:
Level 1: Jump systems. High AM jump cost, On arrival it does not shoot for 30~60secs (or whatever) while power is rerouted to weapons systems. Adds a bit to AM pool.
Level 2: Auxiliar power generator. Lower AM jump cost, no 'power down' on jump arrival, -10% cooldown for weapons and abilities, adds some to AM pool. The aux. power gotta be good for something when the Orky is not jumping, thus the reduced weapon cooldown. I don't consider it OP'ing the OP because 2 SB levels are being used to receive this bonus.
3. Make the SB jump ability actually need 8 military labs built to be useable.
4. Make the SB upgrade also cost 1~2 captains and 50~150 fleet supply. Given its power, I advocate 2 captains and 150 fleet, just like the Titan.
5. Make the tier-8 upgrade require at least the full Titan research line.
I actually think 4 is the most important limiting factor to regulate its power, since fleet supply will be reduced for support frigates and cruisers. But for it to happen, 1 and 2 need to be implemented the per-Orkulus optional jump engine upgrade.
3 is interesting to give an alternate strategy to stop the jumping Orkulus.