This mod is to be used with Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (v1.5) in conjunction with the Forbidden Worlds DLC (compatibility for those without the DLC is not guaranteed). The Unofficial GFX Patch fixes many small graphical inconsistencies or oversights in the base game. Changes have only been made to graphics – there are no changes that affect gameplay. This mod (in its entirety or parts thereof) may be freely used by anyone without need for acknowledgement or permission.
WARNING: You may wish to merge this mod with others, and thus I have intentionally made sure that no manifest changes are necessary to make this mod work. However, many meshes, textures, and brush references have adopted new naming schemes. Some textures and meshes have simply been renamed and put in this mod for the sole purpose of maintaining compatibility with future official patches that could potentially affect assets modified by this mod.
Unofficial Gfx Patch v1.5.05 (released 6/21/13)
Unofficial Gfx Patch v1.1.01 (released 12/29/12 -- kept here in case someone wants to use my change log for a pre-Rebellion mod)
The download will include the mod as well as a detailed change log. Below is a brief change log:
- Terran and Oceanic planet textures have been improved to be more realistic and less "like a map"
- All planets now have appropriate pictures and icons to match with the new high-resolution textures
- HUD icons from the Buttons_Research2 texture series have been fixed (they were all too small)
- Fixed 2 errors that kept showing up in error logs due to some typos in a brushes file and 2 particle files
- All Planet Bonuses now have unique icons
- Dwarf planet nightlights now rotate at proper speed
- Magnetic Cloud particle effect is now magenta (consistent with icons and pictures) instead of blue
- Crystal Resource Asteroid mesh/texture now matches with icons and picture
- All abilities for stars now have icons consistent with the associated star color...in the case of "Solar Regeneration" (which is on all stars), an unused icon is now used that is appropriate for any color of star...
- Switched TEC orbital lab pictures
- Switched icons for group shield and furious defenses
Please inform me of any other graphical bugs or oversights that you believe should be incorporated in this mod...