The SOASE tournament seems to be having issues of people that have decided not to play (probably announced it too early) or are having difficulties arranging matches due to time zones. So, I've decided to end the current tournament (and next planned global tournament) and start the new and improved regional tournaments this Friday. The signup pages are: http://soase.challonge.com/americas1 (for Americas) and http://soase.challonge.com/europe1 (for Europe). If there needs to be an Asia region then let me know, but I wasn't sure if there were enough players from Asia. Otherwise, choose the most appropriate time zone. The winners from each regional tournament would then play each other. Hopefully things will move much smoother using this system. So, what you need to do is:
1) Sign-Up for the Americas or Europe tournament using the links above, if you are fully committed to the tournament.
2) Pay attention to the discussion section embedded within the tournament you belong to (check daily).
3) You will get notified by email when the tournament starts on Friday.
4) Contact your opponent by sending them a private message on Challonge (this site) to arrange the game.
5) If no-one responds to a PM within 72 hours then they get a loss (please be honest). Try your best to complete each game within a weeks time.
5) Play the game using the agreed rules on the main page of the tournament: Tempest Competitive Map (under Medium Maps), All Sub-Factions Allowed, No Wail, No Maw, No Jumping Starbases, No Pirates, Faster Game Speed, Quick Start On, No Z-Axis, No Spectators (possible cheating) . Record the game for sharing and any disputes on rule breaks.
6) Winner or Loser from each game can mark the game on the actual bracket (please be honest). You can also attach your replay to the bracket itself.
7) When you know your next opponent then start from step 4 above.
8) After two losses you are out of the tournament.
Thanks and hope to see a lot of you participate.
P.S. - PlayerSlayer and Doci are playing in the tournament!