Hello. Today I have come to report a particular issue (or exploit) with the Version 1.3 .
There is the possibility to upgrade city improvements of a city MULTIPLE times. This allows for potentially unlimited stacked:
- Production/Research/Gildar/ZoneOfControl/Unrest Reduction/Grain/Food and Metall/Crystal/Mana/Shard production
- bonusses in Armor/Accuracy/Levels and Unit Training Cost Reduction for trained units such as our Henchmens this also in extreme cases reduces the Wages into negative therefore negating existing units wages (this does not increase your actual gold income even if it shows up as such).
- City Defenders such as the City Archers/City Militia/Guardian Statues with incredible amount of extra Initiative
- Fame by the "Shrine" city improvement upgrade
- Materials for Conclave with the "Alchemy Lab" city improvement upgrade provided you have access to the hundreth of crystal this would cost
How does this work?
- Have any upgradable base city improvement build in the town of your liking (all possible city improvements are listed at the bottom)
- Hit the "End Turn" Button or press the Enter key
- Select your city (this and Step 2 are interchangable)
- When your cursor is the hourglass open the "Build" Tab
- Spam click on the city improvement upgrade of your liking (again look at the bottom of this post)
- (When the Turn is processed, by the game completely, the hourglass will be a normal cursor again and all your spam clicks will be (for each double click) the selected city improvement queued in that city)
- Build the queued city improvements normally (Each will individually function properly and deliver its unique bonus when build. Those bonusses stack with every instance of the same building in the same city)
I have recorded a video of this to easier display the described exploit.
This technique will work for:
- Irrigated Farm (+2 Grain)
- Smelter (+2 Iron), Foundry (+3 Iron)
- Crystal Mine (+1 Crystal), Crystal Trove (+2 Crystal)
- Death/Life/Air/Earth/Fire/Water Shrines (+2 Mana, +1 Death/Life/Air/Earth/Fire/Water Power), Death/Life/Air/Earth/Fire/Water Temples (+3 Mana, +1 Death/Life/Air/Earth/Fire/Water Power)
Notes: Ressources must be INSIDE city borders, otherwise the upgrade can be built multiple times, but will only net you its benefit once like intended (this is not explained correctly in the video where I upgrade the Smelter a few times). Shrines and Temples will spawn a creature for Factions with the "Binding" Strength every instance of a Shrine/Temple will do so. This allows for a very strong army.
Conclave, Town, Fortress:
- Town Hall (-20% Unrest, +1 Zone of Control)
- Guardian Statue (+1 Zone of Control, +1 Defending Guardian Statue)
- Shrine (+4 Fame, -10% Unrest)
- School (+2 Research), College (+2 Research, +20% Research)
- Mason (+2 Production per Material, +20% Production), Mill (+4 Production per Material, +20% Production), Slave Pen (+4 Production per Material, +20% Production, Production ignores Unrest, Empire only)
- Granary (+35 Food per Grain), Storehouse (+50 Food per grain), Skath Pit (+60 Food per Grain, Empire only)
- Docks (+5 Food per Grain, +10% Gildar), Harbor (+10 Food per Grain, +20% Gildar), Watermill (+15 Food per grain, +20% Gildar, +3 Production per Material, Kingdom only) - requires River
- Lumberyard (+2 Production per Material), Timbermill (+3 Production per Material) - requires Forest
- Cloister (+50% Research), Library (+75% Research)
- Alchemist (+1 Mana (+1 per Essence), +1 Research (+1 per Essence), Provides some potions), Alchemy Lab (+1 Mana (+1 per Essence), +1 Research (+1 per Essence), +1 Material per Essence, adds more potions)
- Inn (+50% Food, +10% Gildar), Festival (+50% Food, +20% Gildar, +50% Growth when Producing Growth)
- Tax Office (+4 Gildar, +20% Gildar when Producing Wealth)
- Bakery (+10 Food per Grain for your Faction), Butcher (+20 Food per Grain for your Faction)
- Castle (+3 Initiative for Defending Units, +2 City Defender Groups, +1 City Archer Group)
- Barracks (+15 Accuracy for Trained Units, -25% Unit Training cost), Command Post (+20 Accuracy for Trained Units, -33% Unit Training cost, +1 Level for Trained Units, +2 Initiative for Defending Units)
- Blacksmith (+4 Defense for Trained Units), Armorer (+6 Defense for Trained Units, -50% Labor Cost of Armor)
The listed boni will stack upon itself and allow for an insane gameplay changes.
The technique will not work for:
- any "1 per Faction" city improvement (upgrade) such as the "Guardian Idol"
- any "World Achievement" city improvement such as the "Great Mill"
- any city improvement which is not build upon an existing one, meaning it will need a new tile (as for any not upgraded building) such as the "Pier" or "Workshop"
- any ressource not inside a cities borders such as a ressource tapped by an Outpost
- not upgradable ressources such as "Stables" and "Clay Pits"
- not upgradable city improvements such as "Scrying Pool" and "Order of Asok Camp"
- AI computer cities, since the AI does not cheat and is out of control such as Warlord Vergas Capitol
Conclusion and Possible cause: The game allows for orders in between turns which will then be executed on the next turn. Apparently the game does not question multiple build orders for the same upgrade in the same city if it recieves those, except those that already do like the "1 per Faction" ones. Interestingly enough this only works for ressources inside the cities borders. I wonder if thats alike
The Outpost upgrade exploit which I reported here ages ago (Link). In that case the exploit would be possible because the game would reset the built improvements within the outpost inside its borders.
Maybe that's what is happening here also? Because outside a city ressources cannot be exploited..
Anyways, I hope this helps and will be fixed accordingly.