Ironclad Games and Stardock Entertainment are pleased to announce the release of version 1.86 of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion today. Today's update further optimizes the CPU and AI systems, while including several fixes for the Outlaw Sectors DLC.
- Advent Reanimation and any other form of cloning will no longer clone Militia units.
- Truce Amongst Rogues is now with just the pirates - not rebels, neutrals or militia.
- Modders can now make use of the new ResearchModifierTypes "FriendlyWithPirates" and "FriendlyWithRebelNeutrals" in addition to the original "FriendlyWithPiratesRebelNeutrals".
- Fixed smuggling data showing up when looking at crystal or metal tooltips. Smuggling only affects credits.
- NPC and Militia carriers now build their strikecraft squadrons.
- Militia will now spawn carriers.
- Militia no longer receive research benefits that are tied to weaponclass. This solves the problem of races who don't use the militia ship classes being at a research disadvantage.
- Mod users no longer need to move their mods to a new mod folder if the executable version changed unless the new game version breaks the previous version's mods. (e.g. 1.85 mods can stay in the Mods-Rebellion v1.85 folder even though this is game version 1.86).
- CPU optimizations in large battle situations, late game situations and mass militia situations.
- Reduced memory usage (particularly during large battles).
- Reduced memory fragmentation (particularly during large battles).
- AI CPU and memory optimizations.