v1.4 improves planet textures and terrain rendering, addresses bug fixes, and improves game performance
Star Control: Origins v1.4 Update Improves Visuals and
View the complete changelog below!
v1.4 is here with significant visual improvements, including updated planet visuals, adjustments to creature colors, and improvements to planet terrains.
Planets are now far more detailed than it was in the game’s previous versions thanks to enhancing terrain textures and lighting. Improvements to the terrain rendering system have also allowed for better frame rates and performance. Textures on props found on various planets like tentacle plants, mushrooms, bones, and more, have also been improved for more visual appeal.
Community requests have been addressed regarding bugs with the particle sorting and crashing. The game’s lore has also been updated. The aliens previously known as the Observers will now be canonically called the Arilou, and the ships they pilot will be renamed accordingly.
Star Control: Origins is available on Steam, GOG, or Stardock for $29.99. For more details, visit the forums or www.starcontrol.com.
- Updated planet surface textures to be more detailed.
- A small improvement of the terrain rendering system to improve the frame rate.
- Improved lighting of the planet surface
- Improved the textures on many props (glowing tentacles, glowing mushrooms, bones )
- Make the Bull critter appearance a bit brighter
- Improved the lander texture to make the windows stand out better
- Updated the magma hazard visual effect to improve performance
- Listener orientation is no longer backward in a true 5.1 setup
- Fix for some particles not being properly aligned to the surface
- Fix for particle sorting and disappearing issue
- Fixed several crashes related to the particle effects trying to escape the bounds of known reality.
- The "Observers" are now known as the "Arilou"