Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

There shall be DARKNESS!! 41,000+ ships (lots of images) + savegames (v1.04 testing)

By on April 17, 2008 1:32:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Multianna

Join Date 10/2006
+10
This is a testing, im trying to beat my previous record. check out 20.368 ships test from beta 3.

+ means there are more, but the number you see is whats at the current system when the screen is taken.

10,543+

16,883+

32,029+

41,000+
no images

Here the savegames i promished, more to come as i get the auto saves renamed.

Savegames with:
32,000+ ships
31,000+ ships
29,000+ ships
28,000+ ships
26,000+ ships
25,000+ ships
20,000+ ships
18,000+ ships
17,000+ ships
16,000+ ships
15,000+ ships
7000+ ships
5000 ships
2000 ships
1000 ships
800 ships

NOTE:
- No need to mod any files.
- with the 10k+ its recommended that you set your graphics really low and work your way up from there.
- It can also be a good idea to pause the games ASAP and press ctrl+shift+z to gain better FPS.
- expect long load times of 5-10min
- not recommended for 133mhz PCs

savegames download

Enjoy
65 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 17, 2008 2:08:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I count to one, Darkness blots out the sun.
I count to two and I miss you.
I count to three, I still can't see.
I count to four, I can't take anymore.
I count to five...and Im still alive.
I count to six, I realize there are many things I need to fix.
I count to seven, although it feels like eleven.
I count to eight and then I sit up straight.
I count to nine, I still have a lot of time.
I count to ten and then I count all over again.

This is not my poem, I just dragged it off the Internet. I never liked the "300" movie hardly at all, so I needed another quote about the sun going out to show how very much I deeply respect the kind of thought process it took to make these pictures. Brilliant! (Although, really, the opposite of brilliance, if you catch my meaning)
April 17, 2008 2:30:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
All I can say: ZOGGIN' GITS!

Nice test, though. Shows just how crazy this games engine is.
April 17, 2008 2:39:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Bloody impressive.
April 17, 2008 2:49:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
updated to 16,883+ ships

yeah its really impressive. I can see that it have been optimized ALOT since beta 3, so i expect to reach 30k hehe
April 17, 2008 3:20:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Oh wow. Great work.
April 17, 2008 3:25:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Next up: Dyson sphere.
April 17, 2008 3:32:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Did you win?
April 17, 2008 3:41:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
actually i killed the AI so it wouldn't take any processing power
April 17, 2008 3:46:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
a 1000 scouts took out the AI

The circle of death
April 17, 2008 6:58:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Hahaha @ the last screenshot.

Back to your crazy tricks again Multi, eh?
April 17, 2008 7:12:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
its a lie, you are wrong multianna its not 16,883 i counted 16,882
really i did (now dont you think i did not count them i did}
April 17, 2008 7:24:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
This is amazing! It reminds me very much of the Star Trek Voyager episode entitled 'The Swarm' in which Voyager encounters the 'nameless' race which lives in billions of little ships! Never thought I'd see it in a game

Has anyone seen that ep / knows the one I mean?
April 17, 2008 7:25:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
This is amazing! It reminds me very much of the Star Trek Voyager episode entitled 'The Swarm' in which Voyager encounters the 'nameless' race which lives in billions of little ships! Never thought I'd see it in a game

Has anyone seen that ep / knows the one I mean?
April 17, 2008 7:35:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
A Dyson Navigator?
April 17, 2008 7:36:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I had this mental picture of Johnny Cash singing "I fell in.. to a burnin' ring of fire..."

This is awesome fun, multianna.

P.S. what would be hilarious is an MP match where 10000+ frigates take on 10000+ frigates all one one giant wall of combat. Turn autocombat off, bring them all in, line up the walls, and then turn autocombat on.

I bet the framerate would be rather.. uh.. low.

-- Retro
April 17, 2008 8:10:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
The ships look like dust! What specs are you running at?
April 17, 2008 8:44:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I don't remember his exact specs, but he's running Vista 64bit with 4gb of ram, pretty sure a quad-core, and 8800gtx
April 17, 2008 9:34:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
hello, iam looking for a mod where i only can set the shiplimit freely. Maybe i have overseen one.

If there is an easyone, maybe you have a link for me ?

thx
April 17, 2008 11:47:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Wow, I'd hate to be where that fleet is heading.

I can just see the situation:

AI: Lets go attack that human player.

*Multianna switches off ship limit*

Multianna's fleet: We rise in number, we block out the sun.

AI: Eep!

I guess that's why the Vasari military is called the Dark Fleet?
April 17, 2008 11:52:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Multianna: "A thousand nations of the Vasari Empire descend upon you! Our Navigators will blot out the sun!"
AI: "Ten we shall fight in the shade!"

Well, I had to say it.
April 17, 2008 12:10:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Thats absluotely amazing. Theres no way in hell my pc could run that much at once.
April 17, 2008 12:23:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Well what Multi's not saying is that his FPS is probably less than 5 with all of them
April 17, 2008 12:49:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
If you want to play the game with as many ships as Multi and get the same experience, print out his screen shots and bind them together in book-like fashion, then turn the pages slowly
April 17, 2008 2:27:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

April 17, 2008 3:25:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
updated to 27,388 ships!!!

more screens will come abit later. It seems patch 1.04 dont like fraps much, as it crashes the game from time to time.

Multianna: "A thousand nations of the Vasari Empire descend upon you! Our Navigators will blot out the sun!"
AI: "Ten we shall fight in the shade!"

lol awesome
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000640   Page Render Time: