Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

[SotF] Fall of Kobol (The only Battlestar Galactica Mod)

By on September 13, 2011 10:09:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ZombiesRus5

Join Date 02/2009
+288

Current Version:

SofF: Fall of Kobol: Reb.1.80.29 

Addons and Planets can be downloaded from moddb: 
Sins of the Fallen: Reb 1.80.29 (Full Version)

• Rebellion 1.80 compatible
  • Not compatible with earlier builds

No longer enhanced but available:  

SotF: Fall of Kobol Diplomacy/Trinity 1.043 

Instructions:

How To Install Sins of the Fallen

Important: RESTART Sins of a Solar Empire after activating the mod. This will avoid a common mini-dump after starting a game. If the game mini-dumps attempting to deactivate the mod (i.e. similar issue), then delete the EnabledMods.txt in your rebellion mod folder.

How to Activate Sins of the Fallen

Sins of the Fallen: Fall of Kobol

A Battlestar Galactica mod for Sins of the Solar Empire

Release Date: TBD

NOTICE: This fan based modification is completely unofficial and is in no way endorsed or affiliated with Syfy(formally Sci-Fi), NBC, Universal Studios, Relic, Sierra, Aspyr, Stardock or Ironclad Games. All trademarks, logos, sounds, and video are the property of their respective owners. This fan based modification is strictly non-commercial and may not be used for any commercial purposes!

* This mod uses some assets from Sins of the 13th Tribe (credit will be listed in the readme when released).

Quick synopsis

This mod introduces the colonial and cylon factions to the Sins of the Fallen universe. Both races will be playable with any of the planets, addons, and races included in Sins of the Fallen including the stock races. Both the colonial and cylon's factions will be balanced against the stock factions to support this approach. 

Colonial Fleet

Relying on heavily armored and armed ships the colonial fleet is always on the defense looking for cylon incursions. Lacking shields of any kind Battlestar Point Defense systems are used to intercept incoming weapons and minimize damage to nearby frigates and cruisers supporting the fleet.

Colonial Fleet

Colonial Sound Dialogue Script (link)

Please contact with Crazyfrywad (at gmail dot com) if your interested in helping with Colonial lines.

Cylon Armada

If you can edit text files, talk coherently or otherwise provide thoughtful feedback you can help this mod complete.

Contributions can be emailed to: zombiesrus5 at gmail dot com

Number Six: Status is given to those that had a significant impact either on this mod or the original Sot13T.

Members: Koobalt, Kyogre12, Coxxon, Kreeargh, Unkown Sexy Cylon Voice

Centurian: Status is given to those that are senior modder, preferably connected to Eclipse and making active changes to the mod through SVN.

Please email me for development SVN access which is different from the playtest SVN noted above.

Members: ZombiesRus5

War-era Centurian: Status is given to those that actively contribute to the mod.

Members: Crazyfrywad, Mord_Sith84, Cylon_Luvr

U-87 Cyber Combat Unit: Status is given to those that have contributed at any point to the mod. 

Members: Stalcore, JonJay

Civilian Model: Status is given to those that help test or otherwise provide valuable feedback.

Members: Unikraken, SpardaSon21, holybeast

Toaster: You like to play the mod which is good enough. Check into the forums if you want your call sign added.

Unknown Members: 2500+ souls or machines

Known Members: Alexbond45, danny1199, Dedzone007, vackillers, MackyG, TheTrueLost

Modding Contributions Needed

Cylon Research Trees

• While the research trees have been mostly "stubbed" from templated files the actual bonuses are missing.
  • Work to be done includes adding the appropriate research modifiers. Most of these can be done by copying an existing research modifier from an existing file for tec, advent or vasari.
  • I may have been sent the missing research icons, remind me if I have. Any new images can be emailed to me. (Current icon set).
Cylon Abilities
  • Needed Frigate Abilities: Many abilities are based off existing abilities and sins and mostly just need copied and renamed for Cylons. The renaming needs to include both the ability and buffs to AbilityCylonXXX.entity and BuffCylonXXX.entity. The ability needed to be templated from can be found in the design documents below in most cases.
  • Needed Capital ship abilities: These are more conceptualized right now on on the first page of this forum. If you have time to take a crack at one by the name given, please feel free. Copying an existing ability is always a good way to start.
Game Balance
  • Cylons have not been balanced yet. I would prefer you directly modify your suggested changes and email them to me for consideration versus posts of data values. It's all on the table here for Cylons from supply, health to damage.
Game Dialogue
  • Some good custom dialogue was added for Cylon Event sounds.
  • Please contact Mord_Sith84 or Crazyfrywad if your interested in helping with Colonial or Cylon game dialogue.
Particle Effects
  • Anyone that wants to contribute effects is more than welcome as I'm not planning on making any myself.

! if you see anything you think could use a change shoot me a query and I'll let you know if it's worth pursuing !

* remember if you add a new file locally when modding it needs to be added to the entity.manifest!

Cylon Design

Loyalist: Apotheosis (NonCombat), The Plan (Diplomacy)
Rebel: Apotheosis (NonCombat), The Plan (Diplomacy)
Common: Hand of God (Combat), Defense Systems (Defense), Fleet Logistics

* let me know if you can't open excel files, but want to help. I can probably convert them to html.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2rtmck5w71cau5l/FC8D4lSdA4

2242 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 13, 2011 10:09:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

September 13, 2011 10:09:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Cylon Fleet (TBD, I will finish and release the colonials first)

September 13, 2011 10:11:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Colonial Fleet

Doctrines: 

Reformist - You believe disagreements can be resolved politically. You are more likely to build alliance with the majority of factions making it easier to reach cease fires and pacts. Your Titan is more defensive and able to act as a mobile fleet command when needed.

Hardliner - You believe all Cylons are Toasters and can't be trusted. You also have a anti-Xeno bigotry that extends to all non-human factions. Your Titan is heavily offensive capable of inflicting mass damage.

Cetus class Titanstar

Doctrine: Hardliner

Abilities: She Won't Fail Us, Flak Shells, Maison Radiation Sweeps, Authorize nuclear barrage, Blaze of Glory 

Jupiter class Titanstar

Doctrine: Reformist

Abilities: Load Nuclear Ordinance, Flak Shells, Instant Build Fighters, Vetern Pilots, Fleet CIC

Gallactica/Columbia class Battlestar

Abilities: Colonize, Flak Shells, Non-Integrated Computers, Nuclear Defense

Pegasus/Mercery class Battlestar

Abilities: Authorize Medium Yield, Flak Shells, Repair Teams, Expanded Hangar Facilities

Thor class Battlestar

Abilities: Authorize Low Yield, Flak Shells, Enhanced Armor, Scramble Raptors

Valkyrie class Battlestar

Abilities: Electro-magnetic Pulse, Flak Shells, Stealth Recon, Scramble Vipers

Nova class Battlestar

Abilities: Authorize High Yield, Flak Shells, Virtual Intelligence, Rapid Manufacturing

Cygnus class Gunstar

Abilities: Electro-magnetic Burst, Incendiary Rounds, High Explosive Warheads, Micro Jump

September 13, 2011 10:53:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Cylon Armada

Doctrines:

Extermination

Rebellion

Cylon Colony

Abilities: Total Atmospheric Expulsion, Organic Armor, Resurrect Basestar, Logic Bomb

Squads: Raider, Heavy Raider

Cylon Boomer

Abilities:Super Virus, Organic Armor, Nuclear Barrage, Spawn Raiders

Squads:Raider, Heavy Raider

Resurrection Ship

Abilities: Research Facilities, Weapons Virus, Resurrect Strikecraft, Resurrect Crew

Cylon Worldstar

Abilities: Boarding Troops, Organic Armor, Expanded Hangar, Infiltration

Cylong Basestar

Abilities: Disorientation Virus, Organic Armor, Low Yield Nukes, Advanced Hybrid

Cylon Guardian MkI

Abilities: Lockdown Virus, Organic Armor, Cylon Infiltrator, FTL Virus

Cylon Guardian MKII

Abilities: High Yield Nuke, Organic Armor, Heavy Fallout, Subversion

September 13, 2011 11:41:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks awesome Z.

But I can barely see the "BLOOD" word on you game stamp.
I see "Sins of the Fallen and Chrome"  

I like that texture.

September 13, 2011 11:58:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Looks awesome Z.

But I can barely see the "BLOOD" word on you game stamp.
I see "Sins of the Fallen and Chrome"  

I like that texture.

Thanks, I'm anticipating it won't take long to finish up the colonials cuz I'm not going to rework much of the research tree for them.

On the BLOOD thing, ya I put these together real quick today. I need to tweak the text layers so it shows up a bit better.

September 14, 2011 2:20:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks great Z.

September 14, 2011 3:21:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ok, so when i have some free time will try to make something decent for the Guardian MK2, as i write it will be based on Boomer class texture, about starbase do you know that i actually made an attempt to make cylon colony   

Well in general shape it look similar, image attached, the only problem i don't have texture for it and i never find anything that would allow me to make one by copy/paste 

2 version one with all arms the same length and the second with 2 the same and the rest smaller

edit:

about you'r intro:

Jupiter/Galactica class Battlestar, as far i know this are 2 separate model, and you missing colonization ability.

September 14, 2011 1:46:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting koobalt,
Ok, so when i have some free time will try to make something decent for the Guardian MK2, as i write it will be based on Boomer class texture, about starbase do you know that i actually made an attempt to make cylon colony   

Well in general shape it look similar, image attached, the only problem i don't have texture for it and i never find anything that would allow me to make one by copy/paste 

2 version one with all arms the same length and the second with 2 the same and the rest smaller

Sounds cool if we can find a texture that works on this.

Quoting koobalt,
Jupiter/Galactica class Battlestar, as far i know this are 2 separate model, and you missing colonization ability.

Fixed on the colony ability.

It depends on the source material if Galactica is actually a class or not. It's also referred to as Columbia or Jupiter class as well. I'll probably go with Galactica class right now to keep it simple.

September 14, 2011 4:30:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Galactica has her turrets back. She's a little higher poly but not too far out of line with what I've put in on other capitalships...

September 14, 2011 5:17:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Pegasus class gets it turrets back too...

September 14, 2011 5:17:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thor class battlestar...

September 14, 2011 5:19:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This will be the new Valkyrie class battlestar with lots of turrets... I just need to add some textures.

Edit - added some textures today. This isn't an in game shot yet just a projection. I still need to prepare the mesh and game textures.

September 14, 2011 9:58:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just a bump as I put a fairly decent texture on the Valkyrie today

September 14, 2011 10:39:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Damn Straight you did, very nice work there Zomb

September 15, 2011 12:37:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

really like the texturing. especially on what looks like the corrected Valkyrie model. How did you get that anyway? (rhetorical question).

is it too early to ask: can I use the new textures/models when they are done?

feel free to use anything from the Colonials on Sins of a Sci-Fi Multiverse (if you haven't already, one or two of those capital abilities look familiar  )

September 15, 2011 1:09:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting philothanic,
really like the texturing. especially on what looks like the corrected Valkyrie model. How did you get that anyway? (rhetorical question).

Well the model is actually made by kyogre12 and hasn't been released yet. The other Valkyrie is lacking in visible turrets.

Quoting philothanic,
is it too early to ask: can I use the new textures/models when they are done?

Sure, I don't mind.

Quoting philothanic,
feel free to use anything from the Colonials on Sins of a Sci-Fi Multiverse (if you haven't already, one or two of those capital abilities look familiar  )

Would be a coincidence unless from Sot13t. I made a rough design of the abilities above excluding Ram and Nuke during a break at work. I'll be honest I haven't looked at your mod as of yet and just assumed it included Sot13t without any significant modifications. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.

September 15, 2011 1:25:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wow Koobalt... as a Cylon fan, the Colony looks amazing.... I really hope you can find a texture for it, because it would be fantastic if it was incorporated into the game.... wow

September 15, 2011 6:34:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks supurb! Genuinely cannot wait.

Quick question, though - will you be keeping the names Galactica and Pegasus on the pods, or will you remove them to allow for a more realistic feel?

September 16, 2011 12:38:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,
Would be a coincidence unless from Sot13t. I made a rough design of the abilities above excluding Ram and Nuke during a break at work. I'll be honest I haven't looked at your mod as of yet and just assumed it included Sot13t without any significant modifications. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.

Wasn't counting Nuke and Ram. The non-networked systems and stealth bomber, although now I can't remember if i changed the former into a passive from an active like i was supposed to. hmmm.

We changed the balance, added abilities, research, ships, etc. Had to, otherwise wouldn't stack up well against Star Wars races. And if you check it out, please leave some feedback. Always welcomed from longtime modders like yourself.

September 16, 2011 2:08:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@Yanxa - Not sure on that yet. They may just become Galactica and Pegasus class ships as some lore suggests.

@philothanic - Gotcha, my thought on the non-networked systems would be a passive too that prevents non-ultimate disables.

September 16, 2011 2:12:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Here's the further reduced Cygnus. I plan on using this as a capital ship at the moment as I think it's a better model and texture than my other choices for a 5th slot.

September 16, 2011 2:15:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I also updated the Valkyrie picture with an in game shot.

September 16, 2011 1:43:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

September 16, 2011 10:05:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks great. One question though the Nova class battlestars were Flagship of the colonies it should have a type of moral boost as an ability.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: