Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

wtf? 1.051 to 1.053 menu

By on November 26, 2011 2:39:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

HouseRalan

Join Date 03/2008
+60

7DS was working nicely with 1.051 Entrenchment.  Updated Trinity, entrenchment now 1.053 and I get this now.

So WTF??

Locked Post 18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 26, 2011 2:46:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Xathos I think has a fix for this (or atl east knows how to solve the problem). I also believe the Distant Stars mod has fixed this issue in their mod as well. In the latest page for replies Stant123 has a link to download the fix for 1.053 as well as 1.34. You might try referencing it to solve the problem?

November 26, 2011 2:51:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stant123,
Some things changed.

Vanilla: (Window Folder)
MainMenuScreen.window - Update/upgrade button changed. (Now True/False)
SteamMainMenuScreen.window added.  Same as main menu only no update buttons
ICOLoginScreen.window - Password recovery added.

Entrenchment: 
Screen-FrontEnd.brushes 
BackdropFrontEnd ?  My folder has a recent date, but the newest file is from February
English String

Diplomacy:
String (English/French)

Edit: Mods do need to be updated otherwise you lose half of your main menu (Unless you have a completely custom menu)

November 26, 2011 3:39:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Why did you put this in technical? Its your mods fault, don't be blaming Stardock if you didn't notice the changes the rest of the modding community has been discussing.

November 26, 2011 5:30:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Don't blame the full mods because a individual have not know about the changes... i am in the team of these mod ( and several other ) and i know about it...

By the way, where is the usual changelog for 1.33 and 1.34 from the devs... there is only a non official 1.33 changelog topic made by a modders... new refrence files was uploaded by a other modders...

Agree that the post have more his place in the modding section...

By the way, original sins was updated too... mean that a bunch of old mods who are not more maintained will have similar problem...

Pity that devs have not use these sins-ent-dip main menu update for add a "forum" button... maybe i need to request it at the end of each post i made, like Goafan77 have made it for custom map in online game plea... 

November 26, 2011 6:57:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
Why did you put this in technical? Its your mods fault, don't be blaming Stardock if you didn't notice the changes the rest of the modding community has been discussing.

Sometimes its just easier to complain in multiple threads then it is to just look and see what's already been posted. 

November 26, 2011 2:17:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank you modders for the answers, reference files, and everything the devs should be doing.

November 26, 2011 5:41:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You can add a Forum button, but it will close the game and take the people to the link in the bat file you have to put into the main game installation directory. Players would have to install this bat file manually.  Too bad the game closes though.

Make a copy of the update.bat file and change contents to "start [your website]" as ours is

start http://forums.danmangames.com/

November 26, 2011 11:34:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's not a bad idea, especially for mods to include their local thread as well as the regular forums.

November 27, 2011 4:12:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SemazRalan,
You can add a Forum button, but it will close the game...

Good and fast work... pretty sure that soon, each mod will have a link to their own site or main page here... a little thing who made the life of player more easy...

Now, need it for the official game without mod... best, a pop-up explorer windows who don't close the game...

November 29, 2011 4:49:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

you can't do it unless the .bat file is in the main game directory, not mod folder.

updateProcessCommandLine "impulse.exe"
diplomacyUpgradeProcessCommandLine "DiplomacyUpgrade.bat"
diplomacyUpgradeProcessCommandLineParam ""
diplomacyCommandLine "Sins of a Solar Empire Diplomacy.exe"

All those are found in main game directory.  not sure how one would go about linking to a bat file in their mod directory.

But where are these stringinfos?

November 29, 2011 11:48:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

LOL 

Did you try searching the string file for the text that was on the button?

StringInfo
ID "IDSMainMenuScreenUpdateButton"
Value "Download Updates"
You can't put .bats or .exes in the mod. Well you can but they will not do anything. 
A Auto Installer will place the m0d in the proper m0d dir and the .bats in the program files.

November 29, 2011 3:25:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SemazRalan,
you can't do it unless the .bat file is in the main game directory, not mod folder.

updateProcessCommandLine "impulse.exe"
diplomacyUpgradeProcessCommandLine "DiplomacyUpgrade.bat"
diplomacyUpgradeProcessCommandLineParam ""
diplomacyCommandLine "Sins of a Solar Empire Diplomacy.exe"

All those are found in main game directory.  not sure how one would go about linking to a bat file in their mod directory.

what about use the full path... something like...

7DSProcessCommandLine "c:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Application Data/Ironclad Games/Sins of a Solar Empire/Mods-Entrenchment v1.053/7DS 2.5/forum.bat"

Well, people will need to replace "administrator" by their username...

As for a auto installer, will need to detect where the game is located... i am thinking about the recent steam version... all my game buy on steam are located at "Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common"...

November 29, 2011 4:05:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Tried it all long ago Thoumsin. No go 

You can set the auto installer to check the typical dirs 1st then if it finds the Sins exe it will continue. If not it will bring up a browse button to find the root dir of the game.

November 29, 2011 9:54:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

Tried it all long ago Thoumsin. No go 

You can set the auto installer to check the typical dirs 1st then if it finds the Sins exe it will continue. If not it will bring up a browse button to find the root dir of the game.

Well, maybe something has changed with the new Diplomacy patch.

updateProcessCommandLine "/tools/Update.bat http://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-the-fallen"

/tools/Update.bat -> contents

start %1

That said, I'm not real keen on doing this as I don't really like packaging exe's or bat files that could do malicious things. Even starting a unknown website could do bad things to a computer.

Maybe an alternative would be if Ironclad/Stardock changed the Update.bat to accept a stardock forum ID or sub-path only. For example:

Theirs:

updateProcessCommandLine "/tools/Update.bat update"

Mods:

updateProcessCommandLine "/tools/Update.bat 388917"

Update.bat -> revised contents

if "%1" == "update" (
start http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/update
) else (
start http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/%1
)

November 30, 2011 12:16:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

How about you have a button which shows you the address (which you can then write down and go to at a later date) ?

November 30, 2011 12:28:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I wanna button that starts the Zombies Apocalypse. 

Nice find Z 

Now I must kill you 

December 2, 2011 9:56:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Tried your method Z and couldn't get it to work 

Tried placing tools folder in the m0d and in Sins root dir.

December 2, 2011 11:21:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Tried your method Z and couldn't get it to work 

Tried placing tools folder in the m0d and in Sins root dir.

Ei corumba... Worked fine here... Maybe I typed something off in the if statement...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time: